“Nice location/soso pricing” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 23 hotels in Gulf Shores
Springfield
“Nice location/soso pricing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Have stayed here twice now, with the most recent last week. Prices for this hotel are too high for the amenities lacking. Shower/tub had issues and ice maker by the door was loud ALL night. BUT the proximity to the ocean and nightlife is wonderful. My child enjoyed the outdoor pool but not the indoor, too crowded usually. Bed was good this time, not the first though so glad to see they are trying to upgrade somewhat. Helpful service desk.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Megan T, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN on the Beach, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for all of your feedback! We strive for customer satisfaction and always working to improve our guests vacation experiance. We appreciate and value all of your feedback and so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to have you again soon!

375 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Winston, Ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My family stayed for two nights here for a short beach trip with the kids. We loved the fact that they had multiple pools to choose from and that the hotel was directly on the beach. There is plenty to do right around the hotel. Shopping, attractions, eating. The attendants in the lobby were so helpful as well and offered us suggestions of things we could do that would best fit our family's interest.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for all of your feedback! I am so glad that we were able to satisfy all of your vacation needs! We believe in personalized customer service, guest satisfaction is our number one goal! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to have you again soon!
New Orleans, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

These people stole $329.00 from me. The reservation agent made the reservation for the wrong dates and charged me for her mistake. After admitting their mistake to not only me but my attorney as well they still kept the money. They did nothing to resolve the situation. So I paid for a hotel room I never stepped foot in. Do not stay at this hotel because obviously the customer does not come first. They steal your money without explanation!! The General Manager/Owner has yet to contact me and he refused my phone calls.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
First and foremost thank you for your reservation with us we certainly wished we would have had the pleasure of your patronage! Unfortunately it is our policy to charge the first night for reservations past our cancellation time frame (48 hours notice) Our front desk agent did not make a mistake in booking your reservation, the reservation was talked over, verified, and emailed in confirmation form. Our General Manager was/is still eager to go over any questions you may still have regarding your reservation, however since you contacted Best Western Customer Care and specifically asked to not be contacted by our General Manager it is per your request. If you would like for him to go over this with you feel free to contact us any time! Once again it is unfortunate that you were unable to stay with us, for if you did I am sure that you would have enjoyed your stay with us as so many of our guests do.
Edmonton KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Booked a last minute trip nonlinear thought we would get a room with a street view but to our surprise we got a wonderful view of the gulf. Everyone was helpful and friendly.

My only complaint is I thought the bed was way to soft. But that is just me.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for all of your positive feedback! I am so happy to hear we were able to exceed your expectations! We hope to have the pleasure of your return!
Doniphan, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Do not stay here. I found out the locals drive/walk here to use Best Western's swimming pool, hot tubs, & beach. They also steal things out of vehicles & steal your shoes while you're on the beach. The staff doesn't seem to notice or care either. So why pay hundreds of dollars when you can use the facilities for FREE??? This place is an overpriced, run down joke.

P.S. Please get rid of that nasty old non-working waterfall!!!! It hasn't worked in YEARS & it is a huge eyesore.

Room Tip: Get a condo or stay at a classy hotel like Perdido Beach Resort.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for all of your feedback! It is surprising for me to hear about any sort of thievery for our security is constantly on patrol and nothing of the sort has been brought to our attention. Our security not only patrols the parking lot but our pools as well, constantly security checks are being administered to make sure our valued guests are able to enjoy our amenities. As so many of our guests do. Thank you again however for your valued input.
Prattville, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My experience with this hotel and its staff was and has continued to be horrific. I would not stay or advise anyone to ever stay here. I was quoted a price over the phone which I repeated back to the associate making my reservations. I then continued to give them my credit card information solely because of the price I was just quoted which locked my in for at least the first night. The price I was quoted was incorrect. The hotel smells, the sheets on the second bed in our room had what appeared to be chocolate on them, I asked for towels from one of the staff then was told they would be brought to me. they never were. altogether worst hotel stay I have ever experienced. I also asked to speak to the manager and one associate told me I could not. I continued to talk with her while she refused to put him on the phone unless I told her why I was calling. I hung up and called again. the second person (the person who was misleading to me while I made my reservations) informed me the manager was out and tried to argue with me about my reason for calling. This is not a good place to stay for many reasons.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
First and foremost thank you for all of your feedback! As your title suggests you were a guest with us on Memorial Day weekend, The kickoff to our summer, and one of the busiest weekends of the year. The price you were quoted, confirmed to both verbally and by email confirmation prior to your arrival, signed and initialed by yourself therefore understanding at the time of checkin, was not the $38 price you had informed our desk clerks should have been your rate for our beachfront hotel. We do value your patronage and value your feedback!
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

This hotel located right on the beach at Gulf Shores was perfect for our overnight stay. The king-sized room facing the gulf was spacious and comfortable. The large bathroom was outfitted with large, fluffy towels and all the amenities. We enjoyed a great breakfast in the first-floor restaurant. The staff we encountered were helpful and friendly. I would definitely book this hotel for a longer stay in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for all of your positive feedback! Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and I am so glad to hear we were able to exceed your expectations. We look forward for your return!

Been to BEST WESTERN on the Beach? Share your experiences!