“Clean & Comfortable, but......” 2 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #8 of 23 hotels in Gulf Shores
Atlanta, Georgia
“Clean & Comfortable, but......”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

A great location right on the beach and a friendly staff but this motel badly needs a major refurbishment. Granted this property is furnished so that sand etc. does minimal damage but they could do better than resin furniture from the Walmart. The pool area has a freeform thing that I guess was a waterfall of some sort at one time but the top of it has brown nasty, stagnant water that can be seen from the top floors. It was NOT pretty.

They are charging top dollar rates and the property is GREATLY over priced considering the run down condition of things.

This Best Western needs a multi-million dollar face lift NOW!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

339 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Houma, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

The hotel is right on the beach which is a big plus. The inside swimming pool was nice. Having a microwave and a small ice box in the room was very convenient, but what I enjoyed the most were the beds. They have the softest mattresses and pillows that you just sink into. It feels like you're sleeping on a cloud. I would love to know the brand name so that I could by one for my home. If you can, please respond with that information.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Megan T, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN on the Beach, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Thank you so much for your much appreciated response! We hear all the time from guests how after staying with us they get the best nights sleep they have had in years! We are so happy that we were able to do that for you and exceed your expectations! Our mattresses and pillows are 5 star by Simmons, the same mattresses that the luxury hotels in Las Vegas use for their guests. We hope to have you back again sometime soon, and from all of us here at the Best Western on the Beach it has been our pleasure thank you.
New Iberia, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This hotel is way overrated. The ONLY 2 good things about it is the location and the front desk clerks. The rest will speak for itself if your dumb enough to book this hotel location. Here is my overview of the downside, " This hotel is way outdated (90%), parking is limited, indoor heated pool was not heated, indoor jacuzzis (2) or mini cemented rectangular pools and not heated to the point of relaxation ( i saw only 1 person use it for a short time my entire stay), The amenites are small and few. You get a feeling of high cost, low amenities and high profits. I felt as i got ripped off. I called to try and get a complimentary nights stay at another location, to my surprised, i was offered only $20 (WOW), I felt I had to take it due to I felt I was getting nowhere with the customer service rep., I expected more from a national chain that prides themselves on their name. Shame on u Best Western for the false advertisement. Hope to see your chain bought out or filing for bankruptcy in the future. I will use the $20 dollars, then, I will no longer use WORST WESTERN AGAIN. For all you people that think this is too negative or bogus, Hope you u like getting ripped off. You'll think after your stay, Damn, I should have listen to that review that guy posted online.

Room Tip: Don't book here. Don't WASTE your hard-earned money.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Axis, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

When I checked in the staff were so friendly and informative of where my room was located. My room was clean and refreshing. I told the front desk at checkout that I had the best night sleep in a long time!!! The beds were so very comfortable.
My kids always love the pools!!! Its their favorite!!! The indoor pool bathroom was very clean.
I would recommend for anyone to stay here, they will get great service and a great night's sleep!!!

Room Tip: Beach front rooms are the absolute best!!! BEAUTIFUL VIEW!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Megan T, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN on the Beach, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for your much appreciated response. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have you back again! Thank you again, from all of us here at the Best Western on the Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

On the beach, clean rooms, reasonable pricing. Overall a pleasant experience. Indoor and outdoor pools, hot tubs and a 30 second walk to the sea. Food in restaurant was a little pricy, but excellent quality. Staff were very helpful and were able to throw in a little discount for extended stay.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for your much appreciated response. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have you back again! Im glad to hear we were able to exceed your expectations and our staff was able to make your stay enjoyable. We love throwing in those little discounts here and there because we sincerely appreciate you staying with us. Thank you again, from all of us here at the Best Western on the Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

Food was ok. Price was $8-15 a plate. Soda $2.50, milk and juice was $3-3.50 no refills. Kinda high. Service was horrible took 20min to get drink order. Customers served out of order. Needs better
management

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you kindly for your response. We love and appreciate any sort of feedback that can help make our guests stay more enjoyable. We will have our restaurant management looking into all of these very thoughtful suggestions/ feedback. Thank you again, from all of us here at the Best Western on the Beach and hope to have you back again.
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

09-06-12 My husband & I purchased a room from Priceline for 89.99 (hint) "limited view" It was exactly that limited!! It was half of a balcony in a corner not a good view. Our room was right off of the elevators which was ok!! We wanted to change rooms bc we saw mold in the ceilings, the front desk clerk stated we booked the limited view room & can not be changed. But I did not stress the fact that's why I booked for only 1 night. The Front desk clerks was nice. A kind couple told us about the pools in the front not the staff!! The hot tubs outside are warm, not hot!! We did enjoy the indoor pool & hot tubs in the front of the hotel (warmer than the outside one) The beach was AWESOME!! Comfy beds, microwave and micro fridge was +. They need to add TV guides to their rooms, tons of channels but uncertain of what channel is what!! One of the lamps had a broken light & the light outside on the half balcony did not come on at all. Had to sit in the dark :-(. Did get a chance to eat downstairs @ the Pancake House but they give you 25% off your bill M-F. I think the rooms should have been a tad cheaper but overall it wasn't a horrible stay just a few flaws that could be handled!!

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for your much appreciated response. We love getting any feedback that can help make our guests stay more enjoyable. Immediately after reading over your thoughtful suggestions we were able to quickly resolve many of the issues stated and so sincerely appreciate you bringing them to our attention. Im so happy to hear our front desk staff were able to make your stay that much more enjoyable, our number one goal is customer satisfation! Our only hot tubs are in our indoor pool facility, and so what you were in outside was warm because it is only a kiddi pool( therefore not heated.) We would love to have you back sometime and get you into that full view opposed to the limited you originally booked(: Thank you again, from all of us here at the Best Western on the Beach!

Been to BEST WESTERN on the Beach? Share your experiences!