“Decent location is the only good part about this hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Magnuson Inn and Suites Gulf Shores

You added Magnuson Inn and Suites Gulf Shores to your Saves list
Magnuson Inn and Suites Gulf Shores
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3049 W. First Street, Gulf Shores, AL 36542 (Formerly Travelodge Gulf Shores)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Gulf Shores
Waxahachie, Texas
“Decent location is the only good part about this hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

We chose this hotel because it was located decently close to the beach at a price that wasn't crazy. But obviously, you get what you pay for. This hotel was gross. That is the only was to describe it. Our bathroom was missing a chunk out of the ceiling and the floors definitely made you want to keep your shoes on. This is one of those hotels where you just try not to think about it. If possible, find somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Sheboygan Falls, Wis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

The outside of this hotel looks very nice however the inside is not. The management doesn't care either and they are not willing to make the customer happy. There was a light bulb my husband had to replace. The carpet was so filthy my husband's feet were totally black from walking about 4 times across the carpet. I am not exaggerating!
You couldn't plug in your laptop because the plug wouldn't stay in the outlet. AT breakfast they had only small plate/saucers. How do you eat a Belgian waffle on a saucer size plate. We asked for plates and they said they didn't have any-REALLY!! Then go to Walmart and pick some up.
At checkout she was going to charge me extra for a safe charge that I didn't use. By the way the safe was filthy -didn't even want to touch it. After I left I noticed a 5$ resort charge WTH-it was no resort believe me. I have stayed at Travelodge before but I will NEVER stay at this one again. You are better off staying at the hotel next door than here. I trusted Wyndham but why they have this listed as there property is beyond me -it's totally awful

Room Tip: Take a look at the room before you decide and watch for hidden fees charged on your bill.!!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Madison, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Our door would not lock on inside, the manager told me "it locks on the outside"...said all rooms were full, not compensated at all and he treated me like I was being unreasonable. TERRIBLE mold smell! I ended up sleeping in my car and they would not give me my money back. Called the booking company they told me to get a lawyer!! I asked for the owners phone number and the little snot half man manager gave me some bull crap number. He acted like I was just too beneath him. HE LIVES THERE! There was some sort of gross liquid all over the door. I demanded my money back to go somewhere else and the Manager refused. I wish there was a negative selection because this place was worse than terrible!!! NEVER STAY HERE!!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Been to Magnuson Inn and Suites Gulf Shores? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Magnuson Inn and Suites Gulf Shores

Address: 3049 W. First Street, Gulf Shores, AL 36542 (Formerly Travelodge Gulf Shores)
Location: United States > Alabama > Gulf Shores
Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Gulf Shores
Hotel Class:2 star — Magnuson Inn and Suites Gulf Shores 2*
The Magnuson Inn and Suites Gulf Shores is located less than two miles from the Gulf of Mexico, Fort Morgan, and within easy driving distance of Mobile, AL, and Pensacola, FL. Visit The Track, a family recreation center with go-karts, miniature golf, bumper cars and rides designed especially for kids under eight years of age. Cool off on those hot summer days at Waterville USA, boasting more than 20 acres of water slides, wave pools and floating pools. If you prefer beaches to waterparks, the white sands of the Gulf of Mexico are also nearby. The Wharf complex offers great shopping, dining and live entertainment, just a short 3 minute drive from the Magnuson Inn and Suites Gulf Shores. Visit historic Fort Morgan, which has stood guard at the mouth of Mobile Bay for more than 150 years. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Wyndham, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Magnuson Inn and Suites Gulf Shores reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Travelodge Gulf Shores Hotel Gulf Shores
Gulf Shores Days Inn
Comfort Inn Gulf Shores

If you own or manage Magnuson Inn and Suites Gulf Shores, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.