We arrived on 07/03/2013 as planned ( we were given the wrong room, it had one bed not two) We have a family of four. So we asked the lady at the front desk if we could have the room with two beds as reserved and she said no that we would have to wait until the morning to see as she could not switch out the rooms) So we unloaded our belongings.
We stayed through 07/05/2013 and upon waking Saturday 07/06/2013 we decided it would be best to end the vacation early due to circumstances. My Husband called down to the front desk as soon as they opened and spoke with the lady there who informed him that she did not know what the policy for refund was and we would have to talk to the manager on Monday morning. I called back shortly thereafter to inform her that if we were not able to get a refund then we were not going to leave until 07/08/2013, so I needed to know something then so that we could make our decision. She said that she would call her manager and speak with her and let me know something. We called back a third time and was informed that we would be able to check out early and that she had talked with management and that they would refund us first thing Monday morning (7/8/13), as she herself was not authorized to do the refund.
So we checked out before the 11:00am checkout time to avoid further charges,(though the lady at the front desk said it didn’t matter what time we checked out, we chose to check out before the “normal” check out time) took the keys into the lady that we had been speaking to. She had a business card and handed it to us and stated, that the hand written name on the card is the manager and she would be the one to call Monday morning and would give us the refund. She assured us that we would get the refund Monday Morning and that Kernotta would be the one to do it. So we left based on this, and this alone.
Now it is Monday Morning "manager" (very rude) is refusing to refund us for the two days that we did not stay. She also stated that we would not be able to contact anyone above her authority.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Country Hearth Inn Gulf Shores is a limited service hotel featuring clean, affordable, and centrally located rooms. We feature both standard and kitchenette rooms. The kitchenette rooms feature a two burner stove, microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker. The bed types are Queen, King, and Double+Double. Each room is cleaned daily and with a smile. The beds are by Serta and the A/C is cold. We have limited WIFI access for free to guests and fax services. In addition, we have recently began changing our televisions to flat screens and are more than 50% complete. The property is easily accessed from Hwy 59 in Gulf Shores, well groomed, 1.5 miles from the Gulf Shores beaches and around the corner from LuLu's at Homeport Marina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Orbitz, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Country Hearth Inn Gulf Shores reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Hearth Inn Gulf Shores Hotel Gulf Shores
- Country Hearth Gulf Shores