“Location is good nothing else” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Beachside Resort Hotel

Save Saved
You added Beachside Resort Hotel to your Saves list
Beachside Resort Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   610 West Beach Blvd, Gulf Shores, AL 36542 (Formerly Ramada Limited)   |
Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Gulf Shores
Beaver Dam, Kentucky
“Location is good nothing else”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I usually do not give negative reviews, but could not let this go by. You get what you pay for. This is an economy hotel and if you did not pay economy price you paid way to much. The ONLY plus to this place us the location and that is it. The room was clean upon arrival and they did keep us in towels, but they must not have the staff daily to keep the the area clean. We would see towels left at the pool area and near the elevator that were not picked up. Granted people should not have left them but they did. The Mexican bar and grill was only open the first night we were in Gulf Shore it was closed after that. If you are not a needy person and you go about your own business as we did it is OKAY. But I would highly recommended going someplace else.

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Booked this hotel for a last minute trip to Gulf Shores in July with family. Arrived to the hotel around 4:00pm. Location is right across the street from the beach, which was very convenient. Check in was easy and fast. The room was decent, but very over-priced. (Paid $180 a night) There was sand on the tile floors when we arrived, but we understood with being so close to the beach, it must be extremely difficult to get every grain of sand out of the room. Very large sized flat screen TV mounted on the wall. (Very nice touch). Beds were very comfortable. Wi-Fi did not work very well on the 4th floor. Breakfast in the restaurant was awful. We traveled with 3 children. One of the kids was still sleeping, so we planned on grabbing him a plate and taking it back to the room, but they had a sign posted saying "Not allowed to take food back to room". Does not make any sense! They should really be ashamed of the breakfast, being that it comes from the attached restaurant. We probably will choose a condo to stay in for our next trip.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Average room, It was clean when we got there, but through the week they only did minor cleaning, we had to pile the sheets in the floor to get them to change them because of the amount of sand in them from just sitting on the beds before our showers. There were 4 of us and they would only leave 2 washcloth's every day, had to go to the desk daily and ask for more. The floors were not swept very well, but overall it's kind of expected for a beach hotel. Location is not beach side, but it is only across the street from the beach, road was not too bad to cross even during busy times. Breakfast was not worth going down stairs for. Cereal, muffins, biscuits and gravy and eggs - No meat of any kind - coffee and juice and the staff (one person) sat and played on her cell phone instead of watching the food to see if anything was needed. So skip breakfast. Staff at the main desk were helpful and pleasant. For the price $140/night that close to the beach it was not a bad stay, but I think if I had started looking earlier I could have found something better.

Room Tip: Dont' stay on the 3rd Floor, it has the pool on it, and there is constant traffic all day. All...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Jackson, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This was by far the WORST HOTEL I HAVE EVER BEEN TOO! We checked in this passed Friday night after spending all day Friday on the beach. We woke up to our room flooded with water. All of our clothes were wet, all of our beach towels, everything. My daughter had nothing to wear. I stayed at this hotel by the way at the rate of $299 per night, and also the hotel is NOT BEACHSIDE. Which is not in anyway convenient with children. I go downstairs, furious bc of our room being flooded from the rain the night before. The rain had somehow came in under the door. The manager told me it was not his fault that it rained, and that he would refund me 30% of my stay for the first night! I spent half of the next day drying and washing clothes. My kids were miserable, I was miserable, stressed, furious, and I felt like I had been taken advantage of! The facility is not clean, the rooms are not clean, the pool is very small and crowded. Whoever the people are running this place are doing a horrible job, and you can get better service at the Super 8! And probably a cheaper rate! I am still so terribly upset about my stay, and assure you! Me or anyone I know going to Gulf Shores, WILL NOT BE STAYING HERE!

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel other than this.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Oklahoma City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Hotel did not meet expectations for the price we paid. Staff was not friendly. Toilet was not attached to the floor. Room and bathroom was not cleaned. Someone else's hair was various places. This would've been a $40 hotel anywhere else. We are disappointed that we spent our vacation money on it and could've stayed elsewhere for same price! :( Thankfully, we only stayed one night.

• Stayed July 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Like the title said, this is NOT a high end hotel. It's about half the price of surrounding hotels and right across the road from the beach, so it was ok. We weren't expecting a luxury experience (and we didn't get it) but it was a decent place to sleep.

• Stayed June 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Check in time is 3pm, but of course the workers in front kept saying my room would be available in 20 minutes. I eventually told them I would clean the room myself because I was not going to wait any longer. They could have cared less how long people were waiting for their rooms. I was not the only person after 3pm waiting for their room to be ready. We also asked for extra towels since we had 4 people and only 4 towels. The maid said to check with someone else, even though she had clean ones on her cart. The breakfast is a joke and the eggs were terrible. The only plus is they allow animals and it is right across the street from the beach.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view. Of course we requested one one month prior, but I guess they don't care.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Beachside Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!