“It was fine” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Beachside Resort Hotel

Save Saved
You added Beachside Resort Hotel to your Saves list
Beachside Resort Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   610 West Beach Blvd, Gulf Shores, AL 36542 (Formerly Ramada Limited)   |
Ranked #17 of 23 hotels in Gulf Shores
Mt Holly NJ
“It was fine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This hotel gave us a view of the beach,immediate beach access, and a hot breakfast for $99. The room was clean, the sheets, bathroom, floors, tub were all very clean. the bed and pillows very very comfortable too! The air conditioner worked well and the amenities- pool, flat screen TV and free wifi were very convenient. We had an authentic dinner at the attached mexican restaurant and the Mojitos they served were amazing. The place is dated, and the elevator smelled like urine, and I didn't want to take my sandals off on the hotel room rug..BUT for $99 it totally served our purposes and I didn't feel ripped off or disappointed at all. I would probably stay there again because of the convenience to the beach. Also the pool is outside on the 3rd floor so you can see the ocean from the pool deck too. You can't beat the price.

Room Tip: Stayed in the 2F corner room, ocean view
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

182 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Tunica, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

My fiance & I stayed 7/31-8/2 in room 311 (front corner) after our trip to New Orleans. I was seriously doubtful about this hotel after all the bad reviews. The price of $119 on booking.com & the location made me go for it, plus we wouldn't be in the room much anyway. The girls at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. Check-in/out was easy and the room was spacious, cool and clean. There are a few paint chips on the walls but there was no smell. The couch is a sofabed. You will appreciate the tile floors after you come in wet & sandy from the beach.

The bed was ok & we slept well and there were no bugs (I have sensitive skin & itch easily). I was prepared with an extra comforter, pillows, bug spray, lysol & my own towels, but didn't need them (I tend to overpack lol). The large flatscreen (plasma?) tv mounted on the wall shows very nice. The air conditioner works great and the micro/fridge worked fine. I asked for no cleaning service on our first morning because we got in late that night & had our stuff everywhere. While we were gone, they cleaned the room anyway & brought more towels, so I was actually glad they came & also got the sand off the floor, no personal items were disturbed or missing.

The hallways were quiet and the outside bar downstairs was super nice & stays open late. For breakfast you get a choice of 2 items & portions are small but it was plenty for us, you can take it to your room. I'd prefer that over the "continental" muffins at other hotels.

Behind the hotel are some homes & the lagoon, so definitely stay on the front to get the gulf view. It was easy to cross the street & get to the beach, but take the left walkway in the parking lot of the restaurant across the streeet, less sand to walk through and a beach shower to wash off sand afterwards. This hotel has everything you need and for a bargain, others were 250+/night. If you're looking for luxury then pay the luxury price. We had no complaints. I added lots of photos for ya!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Dont do the hotel but do go to yhe Mexican restaurant it is excellent. The hotel is tired, smells of urine, there were beer cans along the corridors. Children use the corridors on level 3 by the pool as a play area. Dont get me wrong I love kids but having them running screaming past your door at night + early morning is not my idea of rest.I think the price we paid of $80 was way over priced. You have to get a ticket for breakfast just to prove you havent walked off the street (as if!) surely there is a less humiliating way of doing this?

• Stayed August 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

We got the room right beside the bar.. We weren't there on the weekend so noise wasn't an issue for us like I thought it would be. We tried to switch rooms when we realized where we were but they "didn't have anything else" even though the parking lot wasn't very busy and I didn't see a lot of people there. The cleaning staff could do a better job. The floor was covered in sand. I understand its the beach and sand is literally everywhere but it shouldn't be on the floor the first day we show up to the hotel.
Don't be fooled by the name, there's nothing "resort" about it. There's no Internet despite what the website says. The Tequila Bar & Grill was good food, definitely recommended the queso and margaritas. You have to get a voucher for breakfast and it's in the mex restaurant. You choose up to 2 options between scrambled eggs & toast, biscuits & gravy, egg & sausage burrito or a pancake. It is complimentary but the portions are pretty small.
I personally don't think this hotel is worth the price but the location is good. There's a restaurant across the road (Bahama Bob's) that's walking distance, good food & great drinks.
We stayed 4 nights and on the day we checked out me & my fiancé both woke up with bug bites. He only has a handful around his ankle but I'm covered in them. This would be a nicer place if it was a lot cleaner.

• Stayed July 2013
Pass Christian, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

First, I stayed here before and it was ok. It's been 3 or 4 years since then. Now, horrid rooms, horrible service, and definitely will NEVER stay here again. Checked in, received room key, walked in the room, it smelled like a bait shop. I have never changed rooms before, but had too. New room was much better, only had a king bed and pull out bed from the couch(kids slept there). My fault for assuming there would be sheets, pillows, etc. for the pullout (dead wrong). TV remote didn't work, took it to the front desk where I'm told they have no batteries (given new remote which didn't work either). Absolutely unacceptable will not stay again.

• Stayed July 2013
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This hotel is one of the few places near the beach that would accept a dog. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the hotel is directly across from the beach. We enjoyed spending time in the outdoor pool which has a view of the ocean. The hotel serves a complementary breakfast which was decent but portions were smaller than we are accustomed to being served in similar establishments. They are located near shopping and plenty of restaurants.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

This hotel is good. Could be better with a little help. The room had paint imperfections as did the bathroom. However the bathroom was newly remodeled. The service was nice and the breakfast was good as well. These reviews tend to be negative. I can say that my stay was not that bad and I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Beachside Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!