“The Worst Hotel I have ever stayed in” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Beachside Resort Hotel

You added Beachside Resort Hotel to your Saves list
Beachside Resort Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   610 West Beach Blvd, Gulf Shores, AL 36542 (Formerly Ramada Limited)   |
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Gulf Shores
Largo, Florida
“The Worst Hotel I have ever stayed in”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I booked most of my reservations through Expedia. So I am disappointed that this hotel got any stars! From the moment we walked in to the lobby, which was dirty and very disheveled. The girl behind the counter was not very friendly. Gave us keys to room that had people in it. A mistake that could easily happen so we weren't too concerned. The next room, had trouble with the key and when we got into the room it was horrible!!The toilet would not flush, the room smelled of bleach( maybe trying to mask the mildew smell???) The ceiling had cracks all through it and covered in black spots.Mold? Dirt? It was all over the ceiling!! The beds and bedding did not look good at all. Called Expedia, they did take care of getting our money refunded, took alittle time since we had already checked in but they did it. Sent my husband across the street. Paid 20.00 more for a gorgeous room right on the Gulf!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Hmm.

I generally am wary of very horrible reviews but I have to agree with others who had bad experiences here. When I pulled up the the hotel, I have to admit I was a little shocked about how grungy the place looked. The exterior and interior look dilapidated (I wish I were joking) and are badly in need of a renovation. The room was clean enough, but the towels were spotty (I think someone else mentioned this). Oh, and this is NOT a quiet spot. The Mexican bar downstairs kept me up most of the night with people singing karaoke. You can hear exactly what your neighbors are doing--the walls are that thin. I was on a road-trip, and partying was definitely on my agenda too, but I guess I expect my hotel rooms to be quiet enough to sleep in once the night is over. But I wasn't expecting much since I knew this was a budget option ($120 for a night or so--the other places on the beach seem to be $200 or so).

However, my opinion of the place got even lower when I was checking out. One of the receptionists told me she believed there was an error in the way my name was written on the bill. I am American but have a foreign first name from my parents' native country, and she pointed to my name and said, and I quote, "We have down whatever that is." I don't get embarrassed too easily, but this put a bad taste in my mouth. When I awkwardly told her that was indeed my name, she tried to make a joke out of it and laughed it off, but did not apologize. When she was done checking me out, I overheard some other guests talking about a free breakfast. I asked her about it and she gave me a voucher and told me to go next door to the Mexican place. I wonder why she didn't volunteer this information to me while we were checking out (or why the person who checked me in didn't bother to mention it).

If I had to do Gulf Shores all over again, I would recommend budget travellers to check in to a cheap place in Foley, which is a 10 minute drive from the beach. In my eyes, there was no advantage to staying so close to the beach (especially since the windows were so dirty you couldn't enjoy your view anyway). You can then drive down to the beautiful (a little crowded--but in a good way) beaches where there is free parking every 3 or so blocks. Spend a few hours on the beach, go to the nice bars and restaurants, and then drive back to a quiet, cheap hotel a little further away.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed two nights here. It was clean. The rooms were large, and the beds were somewhat comfortable. They had a cool restaurant downstairs. The pool deck is nice because you can see the gulf. Your complimentary breakfast is a choice of four breakfasts, you sit down in the restaurant (which can get quite full) and order from a server. Orange juice costs extra if you order it. Remember to bring a tip down with you as well. You can call in advanced to request a pet room, it is an additional fee.

Room Tip: The additional fee for a room facing the gulf is worth it.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Evansville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I was a little scared because of all the bad reviews, but this hotel is right across the road from the beach and was exactly what we wanted. Paid $114 after tax and only had to kill two smallish bugs. The breakfast was delicious, but get there before 9AM. The Mexican restaurant is not the place to go for drinks. They do water down the alcohol, so get a beer. We drank watery margaritas and watery shots and when we mentioned it to the bartender he gave us the shots for free, basically confirming our suspicions. The pool was also very nice, and a great view! Oh and the refrigerator was nice and big!

Room Tip: Get a room on the ocean side so you can watch the goings on at the pool. I think the smoking rooms...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

There is alot of negative feedback on here! This is not a five star hotel. It is across from the beach and cheaper than most. It is a great place to stay for the price, glad I didn't go by the reviews and judged for myself. Ready to book my next stay :)

• Stayed April 2012
Theodore, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I was unsure of this hotel because of all the bad reviews but I was looking for something inexpensive near the beach so I decided to try it. I was very pleasantly surprised, and was very happy with the hotel. Our room was recently remodeled and very clean. Everything was in good working order and the beds were comfortable. We had a beautiful view from our room of the pool and beach. The staff was nice and helpful. The only thing they didn't have was ice machines but we had a good cold refridgerator so I could live with that. We enjoyed our stay very much and will definitely be back. There is public access to the beach right accross from the hotel and we had no problem crossing the street to get to it. I would reccomend this hotel for anyone looking for a nice room at a good price near the beach.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 508 (top floor). It appeared to have been recently remodeled and had a beautiful v...
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

We booked our room through Priceline. It said non smoking double room, double bed and it cost us $159 a night. I guess the bathroom was what made it a double room b/c there wasn't anything double about it. When we checked in and got to our room, it reeked of cigarettes. There is no shampoo in the room, just cheap little bars of soap. Every night we had to go get extra towels and wash clothes, they don't bother to replace the soap. We finally bought sponges to use. There was also black mold on the wall around the shower. They want you to pay $3 for the ice. The phone didn't work, and every time we sat on the bed, the lamp would start flickering like it had a short. If the disappointment of the hotel wasn't enough, I got notification yesterday morning...the day after we checked out...someone tried to use our credit card that night around 3:00 am to buy a $476 camera online. When you have a zero balance on your credit card, and you only use it to pay for your hotel, it's pretty easy to narrow it down to who did it. I was notified by 4:00am, and I was cursing someone out at the hotel by 5:30am. He was stuttering when I talked to him...I dont guess he thought he'd get caught that quick. The credit card is cancelled. I will NEVER stay at this dump again, and I hope my review will save others from what we had to deal with.
To the Beachside Resort hotel: YOU F&@KING SUCK!!!!

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Beachside Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!