“The best, far better than the factory ” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 133 Restaurants in Gulf Shores
Cuisines: Dessert
Dining options: Dessert
Description: All Natural Gourmet Cheesecake
“The best, far better than the factory ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Wonderful cake, cookies, and the best part ... Wonderful people.

We, four adults and six children, had the plain, heath bar, pecan praline, red velvet, and chocolate kahlua and M&M cookie. All wonderful and far better than ones from " the factory "

Louisville, Kentucky
“Cheesecake so nice, had to eat it twice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I’m not sure how I missed this place last year but we stumbled up on Hope’s Cheesecake this year by sheer accident. I was in the mood for something sweet so I told my husband to turn the car around. It was really late, like 9:58 but the light was on so we proceeded to the parking lot. Walking up, I realized they closed at 10 pm but I decided that I was going to go in any way! Even though we walked in right at closing, we were greeted with a smile and the lady seemed genuine about not being bothered by our late arrival. She even pointed us to the samples and told us some of the best flavors. We grabbed a couples single serve cheesecakes and quickly got out of her way. When we got back to our rental and opened those cheesecakes, WOW! That’s some good cheesecake! We got strawberry, pineapple, key lime and red velvet. All were delicious with Pineapple and Red Velvet being the favorite two. We enjoyed our cheesecakes so much that the next day we went back and took people with us! The same lady was there and she remembered us from last night and even joked when we left that she’d see us the next day! On round two we ate in and got cherry and cookies and cream which were both very good. It is also worth noting that the flavor of the month, blueberry, is what we sampled and it was surprisingly good. Actually that sample was the reason we grabbed so many the first night! They have many other flavors including candy bar flavors (snickers, reeses, heath etc…). I’m telling you, this is seriously good cheesecake at reasonable prices ($4.50 a slice) and friendly service. Do not pass up this place when in the area!

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Carthage, Tennessee
“Cheesecake craving? Go here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We had a craving for cheesecake. Went by Hopes on a referral. It was everything they promised. Got it to go brought back and dug in -- absolutely divine!!

Canal Winchester, Ohio
“yummy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Found it by complete luck. The cheesecake selection was vast and very tasty. Will be sure to stop in again next time I go to the gulf shore

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, Tennessee
“6 Years Since My First Visit - Better Than Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

It's been 6 years since my original review of Hope's Cheesecake, as I have not been in the area since then but Hope's is still in the same location but it looks they are doing better than ever.

When you enter the store, it's literally a cheesecake wonderland. There are dozens of different cheesecakes (available via samplers, full sized pies, or even individual slices) to try. I wish I had a stomach & wallet big enough to try them all.

The cheesecakes are as good as I remember. Indulgent/creamy with just the right amount of sweetness, and not too dense. They are good in fact, I visited Hope's 3 times during my 8 day stay. What I especially like about Hope's is that they are open from 10 AM to 10 PM. What more can you ask for after a late night snack or dessert after dinner!

If you love cheesecakes, visit Hope's. You won't be disappointed!!

[[ ORIGINAL REVIEW - AUGUST 2008 ]]
I read about how awesome Hope's Cheesecake was on TripAdvisor as well as reviews in the visitor's guide of Alabama... and boy were they telling the truth!!!

Hope's Cheesecake had at least 20-something varieties of cheesecake. I had a sampling of the pineapple cheesecake, which was so good. I ended up getting Key Lime cheesecake while my girlfriend got the Snicker's cheesecake.

I literally have not had cheesecake this good in ages. Hope's offers sealed styrofoam cooling containers to take cheesecake home with you for $4.99. I wanted to take some home, but our car was already packed. Luckily, the nice lady at the counter said they had a website that you could order from in the Fall - Spring seasons, so I will definitely pay them a visit in a few months... just in time for Christmas!

• Visited June 2014