“you get what you pay for” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Magnuson Hotel and Suites Gulf Shores

You added Magnuson Hotel and Suites Gulf Shores to your Saves list
Magnuson Hotel and Suites Gulf Shores
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   213 West Fort Morgan Road, Gulf Shores, AL 36542 (Formerly Days Inn Gulf Shores)   |
Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Gulf Shores
Houston, Texas
“you get what you pay for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

this hotel is dog friendly which is why we stayed there.
check isn't until 4pm which is very late when its a 100 degree outside and you can't go anywhere with two small dogs. after explaining our situation to the front desk they did allow us to check it at 315 which was was great.
the room itself was a typical two star hotel. no frills and no extras
they do advertise a free Continental breakfast, which is a loaf of bread with squeeze jelly and dry cereal with milk that has been left out. I passed on that.

the location is just off the strip about .5 mile away from the beach
they are right by the Alabama state trails which was awesome when I was walking the dogs each morning.
also they are located rt next to 24 hour Walgreen.
if you want cheap and no frills go with this otherwise save your money

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Crowley, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I was very disappointed in this hotel. The staff was rude, the hallway was so hot, the elevator needs to be inspected, the pool room felt like a sauna, they barely came to clean our room, when they did they left us a few towels and 2 wash cloths, mind you I have 5 people in my family. Went to get more towels at the desk, had to wait in line behind other families that needed towels also and they said they were out completely. The breakfast was cereal spread out all over the counter with warm milk, the whole place had a bad odor in it, I was actually waiting for the air conditioner to just fall out of the room. Wow I could go on and on. NEVER AGAIN!!!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

This hotel is terrible. The sheets smell like they have not been washed in weeks. A/C has mold growing in it, our key card reader was broke so everytime we came back the front desk had to come let us into our room. The bathroom door looks like someone kicked it open and murdered somone in there. The pillows are the cheapest ever, I am really mad that I paid over $150 for one freaking night in this place. I will find the owner or manager soon and have a talk with them because this place is a health hazard. All of the positive reviews have to be a joke because anyone who thinks this place is okay to sleep is just crazy. AVOID AT ALL COSTS, we will spend the $200 or more next time if we have to wait for our beach house to be ready.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Wow. I've traveled a lot in my lifetime and can say this was the worst hotel experience I've ever had. Where shall I begin? With the elevators expired permit? Oh, or the dirty underwear on the broken washer all week? No, I'll start with the fact that our room wasn't cleaned ONCE during our 5 night stay. Want photos? Happy to share with you.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel, there are no good rooms here. If you decide to do it, bring your own cleaning...
Walker
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

We pull up and go to check in and the person working the front desk is rude. She can't do more than one thing at a time and It took about 20 minutes just to check in. We walk into the room put our luggage down and already see roaches crawling on the door. I wouldn't recommend this to my worse enemy. NEVER STAY HERE!!

• Stayed July 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Rooms were not ready @ check in time. Bathroom wasn't cleaned. No towels EVER! We had 3 people in our room & only 2 towels left for us. This is after asking that morning for towels & told they didn't have any. So my son & I went without baths all day to come back to not enough towels for all of us again. The only person there that tried to be helpful, not rude & smile was the manager of housekeeping. The elevator inspection is out of date also.

• Stayed July 2014
Andalusia, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We had a terrible experience with this hotel. For starters they lost our reservation but luckily I had our confirmation information. I even call prior to arriving to verify our reservation. The gentleman working the counter had a terrible attitude! Now it looks like they charged our credit card four times instead of once! The hotel was dirty and run down. We paid $137 per room for one night! This is a $60 per night hotel at best! NEVER stay here EVER!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Magnuson Hotel and Suites Gulf Shores? Share your experiences!