“Staff was really nice and helpful.” 3 of 5 stars

Days Inn Gulf Shores
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   213 West Fort Morgan Road, Gulf Shores, AL 36542   |
Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Gulf Shores
Huntland, Tennessee
“Staff was really nice and helpful.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

If you are looking for a four star experience at a two star price don't stay here. It is a place to sleep and reasonably close to the beach. They do allow pets, so watch out for the stairwell from the second floor.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Helena, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I am currently at this hotel. We checked in last night. The bathroom plumbing is coming out of the wall. The A/C in my room works, but it is off throughout the building (95 degrees outside yesterday). The continental breakfast looked like a great place to die of food poisoning. The only reason that I'm not leaving is that I am here for a two day work conference and I check out in the morning, Do not come here for vavation. It is about 2 miles away from the beach and traffic is horrible in front of this place. I travel a lot, and this is the worst place I've ever stayed.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel, condo, or sleep in a tent.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Corpus Christi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

June 5-9, 2013, we just stayed at this location. It used to be a LaQuinta and then Days Inn took it over. I was a little hesitant at first but quickly changed my mind when I saw the room we ended up getting. Then to make it even better, the staff there is phenomenal....from the maid who is a true sweetheart to the front desk staff. I could not have asked for a more pleasant experience and will definitely go back there if I get the chance to do so. Thank you to all for a job well done.

Room Tip: Ask for room 103 - the a/c works super duper great and the beds are so comfortable.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I have stayed in hotels all over the world, and this was by far one of the worst. When I opened the door to the room, the smell hit me. A musty, dusty, moldy smell. It smelled like the inside of a sweaty sneaker. I went to the front desk to try and move rooms, but they were booked. I asked for some air freshener or something to help. They ignored my request and didn't bring anything to the room. When housekeeping came, they took the towels, but failed to leave any clean ones. When I called down to the desk (and finally got someone to answer the phone) they said that they would "look for some." They finally showed up a couple of hours later. I had to buy Febreeze because my clothes started to smell like the room. I killed one roach, but I'm sure there were more. The atmosphere or mold or dank and dampness made the sheets cold and clammy. I had to throw my toothbrush away after I left because it tasted foul. The staff was unconcerned, borderline rude, and had no interest in making the guests comfortable or assisting them. All in all, RUN, don't walk, away from this disgusting place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Excellent value , it competes with even bigger hotels . I was expecting the flowering bed spread with the tuck in pillows. But it was nice bedding very inviting and clean. The flat screen tv in one room was nice and the other had an older box tv but it worked fine too. I have nothing bad to say about this place at all. It was a pleasant surprise I thought.

• Stayed April 2013
Fort Gratiot, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed Feb. 5-9, 2013 Came down to the Gulf Shores area to visit my parents, who have been coming to the area for the past 3 winters. I was looking for a decent hotel minutes of my parents and not too expensive. I was very satisfied with the Days Inn. It met my requirements and provided a comfortable place to stay, while not having to burden my parents. This is by no means a 4 or 5 star hotel. It does offer a pool and continental breakfast. I can not comment on either of those amenities. I did not use the pool and after missing the breakfast the first morning I chose to eat at the nearest Waffle House instead. Yummy!! Great place to stay for the budget minded family. They do offer Free Wi-Fi which was something I did seek out before making my reservation. Hate when places charge an additional fee for internet use, Liked the fact that it was close to shopping, beaches and other attractions. Would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Gulf Shores? Share your experiences!