“Sassy Bass is Just Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sassy Bass Amazin' Grill

Sassy Bass Amazin' Grill
5160 State Highway 180, Gulf Shores, AL 36542 (Formerly Sassy Bass Amazin Grill)
+1 251-975-1010
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 122 Restaurants in Gulf Shores
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Unique Food * Outrageous Fun * Casual Prices Visit our Facebook page, Sassy Bass Amazin' Grill, for our menu and live music jammin' schedule.
Festus, Missouri
“Sassy Bass is Just Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The Sassy Bass Amazin Grill is not to be missed. It is the Best Eating Experience in the Entire Gulf Area!!! The Food is Great and the Service and Atmosphere is Spectacular!!! There is no doubt that the whole Family will enjoy their visits to the Sassy Bass. The Friendliness at this Resturant is Exceptional !!! A Must Stop---Don Johnson and Family.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great food & atmosphere!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Our waitress was wonderful!! I ordered a ham & cheese sandwich from the "cold sandwich" menu and asked if she could make it a "hot" ham & cheese. She immediately said "yes". The ham was not the thin lunchmeat cut. It was a thick slice of country ham that had a good flavor. My husband ordered the smoked Gouda cheese balls. They were wonderful!! The only thing i would change would be the sauce serve with the Gouda. I would use an Apricot Jam or a mixed berry jam for the dipping sauce. And maybe some thin dinner crackers. The restaurant is family friendly & a come as you are dress. Live music on certain nights. They serve breakfast from 8 am to 11 am. Two breakfast sandwiches are available for lunch as well. They have a bar, breakfast, lunch and dinner. You can sit inside or outside. I highly recommend the place!!!!

Columbia, Maryland
“Out of the way gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We have been coming to the Fort Morgan area for over a decade and we have always loved the seafood. We wanted to try new places and went to Trip Advisor for help, boy am I glad we did. This quaint little bistro exceeded our expectations. We dined on Chilean Sea Bass with vegetables and Mahi Mahi over grits, the food was superb. As a matter of fact it was so good we came back for lunch two days later and dined on the shrimp and grits and fish tacos. The fish was fresh and the wait staff (Ashley) was very attentive. While the prices might be considered high for a large family affair, it is the beach and I am always willing to pay a little more for great consistent seafood, compared to taking a chance in town with something that might not be as good for the same price. It was worth it. In addition, there is a lunch menu that is quite reasonable ... fish tacos for $5.99.

It is easy to miss as you go down the road toward the ferry, but definitely worth turning around if you go by.

Gulf Shores, Alabama
“good, hole in the wall place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

The environment was nice and workers were really nice. The food was alright. We went for dinner, but will probably do lunch for the next visit to try their sandwiches.

Visited July 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Not bad for the Gulf Shores”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Let's face it -- the options are limited in this area. The Sassy Bass was a decent choice for dinner, but it might be a better lunch place. It's nicer than a dive -- the environment is funky, beachy and festive. The service was excellent. Our waitress advised us to avoid the wine when I asked whose wine they served by the glass, so I ordered a mojito -- it was not good. My husband and I had the shrimp grits. They were ok. The shrimp was cooked well. The grits were thin but had good flavor. My father-in-law enjoyed his fish salad and my mother-in-law liked her grilled shrimp. Another reviewer commented that it was hot. The night we went the air conditioning was working just fine We had a good time, and it was a good choice for this area. But I was underwhelmed.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere