“Super Shady Place” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
“Super Shady Place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

All I'm going to say is that a restaurant that doesn't accept credit/debit cards in 2013 is super sketchy. The food was cheap, and with good reason because it was definitely not a good meal. Their staff was also in the back drinking and smoking so the service was slow and tables weren't cleaned. Drinks were not good. The only thing this place had going for it was the view from outside but that would be easy to get at a lot of other places.

• 2 of 5 stars Food

colorado
“One of the worst experiences of my life”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I'm not one to write awful reviews, but this place deserves it. When we first arrived, it seemed like your average hole in wall Mexican place. We waited for over an hour to get our food. Our waitress was very apologetic, but said that a table with 10 people had swamped the kitchen. Really? 10 people? There weren't that many other people in the restaurant. Plus, the big group got their food, ate, and left before we even got our food.

We should have left after waiting, but we knew other restaurants would have a long wait to even get a table. After the long wait, the food wasn't even good. It was mediocre at best.

The waitress didn't charge us for our entrees, but it was little consolation after the awful experience we had. We did pay for our drinks and there was great drink service. Margaritas were ok- nothing special. I wouldn't even consider this place for a bar to hang out in.

Plus, they don't take credit cards, but do not post this on their door or menu.

I wish I could take back the two hours we spent at this place...please take my advice and find a different place to eat. I wish we would have checked here before we went....

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
TN
“Bad food and service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Avoid this place if you can. The food quality and preparation is terrible, long wait and there is nothing good to be said other than you can sit and view the gulf but plenty of other places probably offer that with better food.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“If I could give it a zero I would!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Dirt, smelly and horrible food. I felt like I needed a shower after leaving here. I only took one bite of my tasteless food. You would be better off going to the grocery store and buying a can of refrained beans and a can of Hormel tamales. This was awful food and service wasn't that good either. Bathrooms were absolutely disgusting!! The only thing this place has going for it is the balcony view of the ocean.

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Nasty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I normally do not like to write negative reviews, but this place was nasty, and the food and drinks were disgusting. The service did not help make this place any better!

• Visited May 2013