“Great value” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 122 Restaurants in Gulf Shores
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Great value. One of the few places in gulf shores that you can feed a family of 4 for less than $40. Food was good, atmosphere was nice, and scenery was pleasant. Definitely a place to take the family for dinner.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Memphis, Tennessee
“OK but Plentiful”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Huge combo platters are more than one normal person could or at least should eat. Like most other restaurants in the area, fried food is king. I like their greens as a side.

Visited May 2013
Houston, Texas
“Yummy!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My family and I went to Oyster House and I ordered the small (8) order of fried shrimp, thinking I wanted to have room for my other food. That was a mistake. I should have ordered the LARGE (12) order of fried shrimp because they were very delicious. It was seasoned correctly, golden brown, good texture and very tasty. Accompanying the symphony in my mouth was the cheese grits – ahhhh and the French fries were golden brown. I was amazed at how quickly I demolished those tasty morsels of scrumptiousness. I think now I understand the 1 hour and 15 minute to 1 hour and 30 minute wait at dinner time. But thankfully we went at lunch time and were immediately seated.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Alabaster
“Decorative and Entertaining, Yes, good food, NO.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

this place believes a side of grease goes with everything. Food is not prepared fresh and the salad bar had flies. I mean really! Gross.

Visited July 2013
Denison
“Mixed Results”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Went on recommendation of family member. We had a group of sixteen and were told and hour and forty minute wait. We were seated after a 1 hour and fifty minute wait. The service was quick but the seating was cramped and noise was extremely irritating. The food came fairly quickly and again we had mixed opinions concerning the food. It was pretty much split down the middle from very good to poor. I ordered the Broiled Sea food lovers platter. I was to get broiled scallops, broiled flounder filet, baked stuffed shrimp and broiled shrimp. This was priced at $21.00. What I got was four large scallops cooked under a broiler in a liquid of water and something else. They came out rubbery and completely devoid of flavor. a small flounder fillet that again devoid of flavor except for some paprika on it. Four tiny shrimp with a lump of some kind of stuffing on it that again had no flavor. The last item was the broiled shrimp which turned out to be boiled shrimp the same stuff they served as and appetizer as peal and eat shrimp. I also ordered the red beans & rice and cole slaw as my sides. I red beans were flavorful but I can't ever remember them with Vienna sausages in them.
All in all a very mixed review of this place. I would conclude that if we had to wait that long for dinner we should have had something to crow about.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere