“Nice, But staff at Tacky Jacks 2 is more personable.” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Greenville, Ohio
“Nice, But staff at Tacky Jacks 2 is more personable.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

We enjoy Tacky Jacks but the Gulf Shores location, did not meet our expectations after being to Tacky Jacks 2 in Fort Morgan. I am sure they will get there. They do have a good following maybe it was just an off day. We will try again the next time we are in the area.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Kansas City, Missouri
“Nice outside place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

We had lunch of all you can eat shrimp & a couple glasses of wine. The shrimp was a little bigger than popcorn shrimp (fair). I didn't realize the fries were seasoned, so they fixed me an order of regular fries. Our waitress was very attentive. We enjoyed sitting outside & had the patio to ourselves. We loved watching the boats, birds & everything else going on. I'm sure in high season, Tacky Jack's is a popular place. You can access it by land or water. We would return to Tacky Jack's!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Jackson, Michigan
“Decent breakfast with buttered toast - if you ask”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

It's hard to find a great breakfast place down here that is reasonably priced. Tacky Jack's is close, but still pricey. My husband had a breakfast burrito ($9) and would order one again. It was quite large and he almost ate it all. I ordered a ham and cheese omelet (build your own) and it was also very good, with lots of cheese and lots of small pieces of diced ham, but was surprised that the cheese is considered an item, so it was extra (another $9). I specifically asked if they would butter the toast before bringing it out and they did! Usually every place brings dry toast and whipped butter that won't melt - a pet peeve of mine! Neither item came with potatoes, so I ordered a side of home fries ($3.29) - quite large serving, skin still on, tasted great but too greasy for us. Add on two drinks and we're at $25 before tax and tip (about $10 more than we pay at home in MI). This seems to be the average price around here though. Will try again for lunch/dinner. Happy Hour drink specials look good. Friendly staff and great atmosphere. Not on ground level but there is an elevator.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, Tennessee
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We have eaten at the Orange Beach location a few times and wanted to give the Gulf Shores location a chance. We were immediately seated for dinner and the service was fast. The food was good and was exactly what we expected. The only thing was that we had to ask if they had any specials as our waitstaff did not offer on her own. We will be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lake Charles, Louisiana
“Expected More, So-So Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We have been to Orange Beach/Gulf Shores many times but had never been to Tacky Jack's so we decided to try this while we were there for Christmas week.

I ordered the specialty, Tacky Shrimp, which they say is spicy. It is not spicy and not really seasoned at all. My dad got the other specialty which was the Tacky Jack's Burger. He was sadly disappointed. My girls (13 &11) got the grilled shrimp & my mom got a salad. I think the best thing that they served was the salad.

This food was mediocre at best. Since it was the "off season" it seemed to be more of a local bar fly hangout than restaurant. We won't be going back to this place. There are so much better places to try in the area.

The one nice thing I can say is that the lady in the gift shop downstairs was super nice and helpful. We actually enjoyed visiting with her. She is an asset to this place.

• Visited December 2013