“Great food and the best $2 Bloody Mary's around” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Pensacola, Florida
“Great food and the best $2 Bloody Mary's around”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Nestled away in a "strip mall" adjacent to a chain retail store, Kittly's Kafe in Gulf Shores is probably one of the best hidden secrets around. Incredible menu items available all the time, great breakfast/lunch specials, downhome cookin', and the best $2 Bloody Mary's this side of the Pecos. I tell ya, you can't go wrong with Ms Kitty and her amazing staff. It's a very simple place that we are so very happy that we stumbled across. If the word gets out, she's going to have to get a bigger building! Come to this place and expect to have fun - don't get caught up with the everyday life mentality of hustle bustle. Enjoy your time there! Everything will still be out there on the Beach when you're done! A MUST TRY when in LA (Lower Alabama) on vacation or if you're a local!!! Thanks Kitty!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Memphis, Tennessee
“GREAT SERVICE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We ate breakfast on our way out of town (Gulf Shores) and arrived around 11:00 am. There was still a wait, but we were seated in a timely fashion. Waitress was very courteous and attentive. Food was great.

Visited August 2013
Noblesville, Indiana, United States
“Didn't live up to the hype.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We chose this restaurant due to the reviews and lack of other places serving breakfast. We had a group of five people and they wanted to put us at a small table for four having one person sit at the corner. I asked if we could sit at a booth and put someone on the end instead, and they said yes, but seemed a little put off. The food was very expensive. It was about $100 for the five of us for breakfast. The food was average, nothing special. My sausage was over cooked and my daughter ordered yogurt, granola and fruit and it was $7. The bowls were extremely small. The best deal seemed to be two large pancakes for $4.99. Everything else was over priced. It was $3 for a very tiny bowl of fruit and $4 for two small sausage patties.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Better than you might expect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Went for dinner and didn't know what to think. Generally I don't choose restaurants when I am on vacation that are in a little strip mall. Glad I went. I went with wife, kids, in-laws and everyone liked what they had. Price was very reasonable (5 people and spent $45 for dinner). The only reason I give it 4 stars and not 5 is because of its location. I stayed on the beach and the only reason we found the place is because Lulu's was packed and we were already out there. Would recommend, but would also recommend to the owner to find a closer location to the beach. I could only imagine the place would do tons of business. Employees were great too.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
calera, al
“Great for breakfast, lunch & early dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Good country cooking, but they close at 7:30. My granddaughter loves their chicken and dumplings! I love the fried green tomatoes and the omelettes.

• Visited July 2013