“Cold Food, Arogant Waitress” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 133 Restaurants in Gulf Shores
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Nolan's has been serving the Alabama Gulf Coast for over 25 years. We offer fresh hand cut steaks, fresh local seafood, mediterranean dishes and LIVE ENETERTAINMENT six nights week. We have a beautiful Private Dining Room that can accomodate parties of up to 60 guets. Perfect for Rehearsal Dinners, Receptions, Reunions, Office Parties or any other social events. You may also enjoy dining on our beautiful screened in patio, overlooking the lagoon! We are open Monday - Saturday 5pm - until. Live Music begins nightly at 7:30. We look forward to serving you and your guests.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Cold Food, Arogant Waitress”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I visited Nolan's with a group of women in Sep 2013. The dining experience started off well but rapidly declined. Second round of drinks took foever or didn't get there. The waitresshad a "don't ask me---I don't care" attitude. Our order was brought in stages. If you ordered dressing on the side, by the time the dressing got there your salad was wilted or you entre was being delivered. Prime rib tasted like a boring roast, no flavor and it was rare and my slice was full of fat. I didn't complain because by this time I felt "Stephanie" would make me wear it. By the time I received my vegetables and the horseradish, not only were the vegetables cold, my whole meal was cold. When I spoke to the owner, she was not only condescending she did everything but say "to bad so sad
Nolan's has been added to my black list and if I do return to Gulf Shores, I will eat at the Hangout or Lulu's. As for Prime Rib--go where you know it is good like The House of Prime Rib in San Francisco. Looks are deceiving and Nolan's is a great example.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Illinois or Panama
“Try the Back Patio!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We weren't hungry enough to try the regular restaurant, but the Back Patio at Nolan's offers delicious choices and the prices are less expensive than the regular menu. Try the steakburger (made of REAL ground steak, not hamburger) or the grouper fingers. Everyone in our party loved their food. The atmosphere on the Back Patio is good too -- just outside the bar with live music, but far enough away that you can talk easily and not be overwhelmed by the music. We really enjoyed it.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Decatur, Alabama
“We love it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Always a good stop for us. Something for everyone here. Eaten here at least 20 times over the past years and only one time can I say it wasn't wonderful. Yes it"s not cheap , but good quality food usually isn"t.

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Over Rated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Was not impressed with food or service. Service was horrible and the food was overpriced,, but was o.k., avoid the crab au gratin. Even though when we went inside and were seated immediately, we were there for one hour and 15 minutes and did not include dessert. Then the lounge kicked in and I felt like I was in a 1970 version of a Ramada Inn. Definitely not recommending or returning.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sequim
“Horrible service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I was on vacation in Gulf Shores last week. On our last night, myself and 7 friends decided to splurge on dinner so we went to Nolans. I ordered the prime rib. While waiting for dinner I ordered a drink. 15 minutes went by and still no drink.The waitress came with my potatoes, vegetable and prime rib but forgot the horseradish and my drink so I reminded her. About 10 minutes later she brought my horseradish and of course by now my prime rib was cold. She also had still not brought my drink. I told her that my prime rib was now cold and it needed warming up. She became impatient and acted like it was too much trouble but still took my prime rib away. Not long after, she brought the prime rib back. Now my vegetables were cold and I mentioned it. She then got a little bent out of shape and actually became hostile. She asked what did she need to do to satisfy me. I told her I wanted to see the manager and also asked her name. She told me Stephanie but refused to give me her last name. The manager came and I told her what had happened and how her waitress had treated me. She said she was too busy to do anything right now. She also told me she was the owner, Jill Harris. As it turned out I was unable to eat my cold veggies and potatoes and only a third of the prime rib, but when I got my bill I was charged full price for everything. A few of the other women also told Jill about how the waitress had treated me and she just walked away without a comment. Although the little blond waitress gave her name as Stephanie, my bill had the name Robin W on it. Both receipts. I will never eat in this restaurant again, not so much because of one bad waitress but because the manager/owner didn't care one bit how I was treated and never gave an effort to correct things.

• Visited September 2013