“Family vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 23 hotels in Gulf Shores
Lebanon, Tennessee
“Family vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

The staff at the Staybridge Suites made my visit most pleasant. They all seemed to like their jobs, which in an unusual event . They were so pleasant to be around, The rooms were very clean, and quite comfortable. The breakfast provided was excellent as well. I will most certainly return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

162 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Saint Augustine, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

What a pleasant surprise when we opened the door to our room. It was a beautiful suite with all of the comforts of home. When we checked in we were told they had a manager's happy hour which was better than any we have been to before. Not only did they have beer and wine they had hamburgers, hot dogs, potato salad, etc. They have something different each evening during the week. I believe they have this on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights They serve a nice, hot breakfast. The staff was very nice. Suites and all surrounding areas are very clean. Would definitely stay at this hotel again. Will look for Staybridge Suites whenever we travel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Moss Point, Mississippi, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I took my daughter and 3 of her friends to Gulf Shores for her birthday the last week of May, and we really loved Staybridge Suites. We were there for 2 nights in the middle of the week and they had "evening socials" that worked as supper for us, saving me a lot of money and hassle. The food was totally fresh and delicious. The breakfasts were good - typical hot breakfast at a hotel.

We loved the suite we stayed in - it had 2 bedrooms (each with their own full bathroom) - one had 2 queen beds and the other a king bed (totally comfortable beds, btw). The living area had a couch and easy chair, bar/counter for eating, full fridge, microwave, 2 burner stove top, dishwasher, and sink. All 3 rooms had nice-sized flat-screened TVs WITH DVD PLAYERS! We loved getting to put in a movie from Redbox! I think the hotel had movies available, but we didn't check into it. Also, the suite was situated on a corner with no other guest rooms adjacent to it, so I never had to worry about the girls disturbing other guests when they were up late laughing and goofing off as teenagers do. :)

The location was just fine - of course it wasn't on the beach, but it was an easy, short drive there (I recommend going down to the Pavilion - Gulf State Park). Since we were there for the beach, we didn't visit the pool, but our room overlooked it and it looked great. I didn't see the workout room or laundry facility. The staff were very friendly and helpful. They even gave me a cup of milk the first night to make the no-bake cheesecake mix we bought and forgot to buy milk to make it, lol!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Staybridge is the best hotel by far I've stayed at. This hotel exceeded our expectations. My husband and I stayed 3 night in a large spacious bedroom suite. The kitchen was nice and equipped with dishes, pots and pans. And the full size refrigerator and dishwasher was nice too. We were very impressed with the staff. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They went out their way to make sure that we were well taking care of. They even researched and printed out directions to several different restaurants in the area.

The complimentary hot breakfast was delicious. Stocked with fresh fruit, waffles, sausage, bacon, eggs, an assortment of cheeses, ham, cereal, oatmeal and muffins. Staybridge is only a short distance from the beach and all the good restaurants. I would recommend this hotel to everyone who's planning a trip to this area. We will definitely stay at Staybridge on our next trip to Gulf Shores.

• Stayed May 2013
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My husband and I just came back from a 4 night stay in a one bedroom suite at this hotel, and I was so sorry to leave. Although I have stayed in fancier places, I can honestly say this was the best place I've ever stayed. Extra-large living area, clean, extremely comfortable bed, granite countertops in the bathroom and the kitchen, wonderful hot breakfast every morning, light dinner served T-TH, outdoor pool, super friendly and helpful staff, FREE on-site laundry room---well, you get the picture. This is a wonderful place to stay as long you don't want to be right on the beach, and it's fairly close.The lady at the nearby Welcome Center even said she'd love to live at the Staybridge full time when she retired and I can see why! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would most definitely stay there again if we ever go back to Gulf Shores.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor and the only noise we ever heard was someone stomping around in the ro...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Carbondale IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We booked a trip for a long weekend. My mother in law, sister in law, and myself for a girls only weekend. What a great place to stay. This was our first time in the Gulf Shores area, and we are already planning a trip back, but this time, to bring our small children. We had breakfast every morning at the hotel, and it was really the nicest "free" breakfast I've had. The staff kept everything stocked...I hate when you stay at a hotel and they don't restock anything on the breakfast bar. Cereal, fruit, oatmeal, assorted breads, waffles, sausage, eggs, biscuits, gravy...etc...It was good. Also, wonderful coffee. We were only able to take advantage of the social hour on one evening, since it is only Tues-Thurs, but it was also very good. They had veggies, dip and hummus, along with tortilla chips and salsa. The best part was Blue Moon, Killians, and Coors light on tap..self serve. They even had orange slices for the Blue Moon drinkers! The pool was clean and spacious enough...the rooms were clean, and neat. No issues at all. We also took advantage of the free laundry facility and washed some clothes before heading home. Overall, great location..close to beach, close to pretty much everything. Will most definitely return again! Thanks Staybridge!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Hopkinsville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This hotel had all the comforts of home plus a pool. Well maintained, affordable, clean, clean, clean and service was GREAT! Staff does not hesitate to assist you. Only short drive to beach.. on Hwy. 59 near Lambert's and Lulu's.. In addition to free (hot) buffet breakfast, the rooms have coffee makers with Wolfgang Puck coffee. Would definitely recommend and would stay there again.

Room Tip: One bedroom suites, all the comforts of home.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Staybridge Suites Gulf Shores? Share your experiences!