We came to the Gulf Shores on a whim, having never been to the area before. The hotel is a little difficult to find, but I actually enjoyed the seclusion behind the bank off of the main strip. The gentleman that checked us in (I think his name was Mark- bearded gentleman) was pleasant, fast and very friendly. He definitely has that wonderful southern charm that instantly makes you feel at home. Our room was on the fourth floor and it was huge (room 416) High ceilings, a separate sitting area with tv, and the area near the beds had another tv and chair, along with a desk. The beds were super comfortable, with soft and firm pillows, a nice choice. The breakfast was great, plenty to choose from, not your stereotypical continental breakfast of just juice, pastries and cold cereal. We had the option of boiled or scrambled eggs, sausages, pancakes, cereals, and a host if pastries. The OJ leaves something to be desired, very watered down, but the coffee was fresh. Overall, this hotel left a positive mark on us and we will return there in a few weeks. I stay at a lot of hotels throughout the year (at least twice a month) and this Holiday Inn has definitely made this priority club member one very happy guest!
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Gulf Shores Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Gulf Shores Hotel Gulf Shores
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your search for Gulf Shores best lodging value ends here! The sugar white sands of Gulf Shores is only moments away from the areas newest hotel, The Holiday Inn Express & Suites of Gulf Shores, AL. Our promise to you is a great room with great service and incomparable value. Whether you are traveling on business or pleasure, the Holiday Inn Express and Suites of Gulf Shores is sure to have a room or suite to meet your needs. Let us be your host to a great getaway! Our property is conveniently located in the heart of all the main attractions and world renowned restaurants that make Gulf Shores and Orange Beach, the premier vacation destination in southern Alabama: Waterville USA, Alligator Alley, Tanger Outlet Center, The Track, Adventure Island, Lambert's Cafe, The Hangout, Adventure Island and the Gulf Coast Zoo just to name a few! If you decide to take a break from the beach, we invite you to take advantage numerous championship golf courses and outstanding charter fishing opportunities. Travelers are encouraged to spend some time at the areas best shopping complex, Tanger Outlet Mall. The kids are sure to enjoy Waterville Waterpark and the go-karts at the Track Recreational Center. Companies like BF Goodrich and Vulcan Materials Company anchor a vibrant business community. Great Gulf Shores shopping, restaurants and entertainment reside only a few footsteps from our front door. We welcome you to experience all that the great coastal community of Gulf Shores, Alabama has to offer. Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites of Gulf Shores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Olotels, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Gulf Shores reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.