“Run” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Gulf Shores
Pineville
“Run”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in 603 and as soon as we walked in the door cigarette smell hit us in the face. Had to air out the condo and that didn't help much. Arrived on Saturday, called relax on the beach they said someone would call in the morning, in the meantime found a blood spot on the comforter, pulled the sheets of to wash just in case sheets weren't washed before we arrived, the mattress pad had yellow stains on it, the tv in the living room went out, asked for refund so we could go to hotel and was told by the employee he would see about that. Ceiling was falling down in both bedrooms and the living room the tacs hiding the carpet was raised and my son in law hurt his foot. Lots of correspondence I can share including a letter from I guess, the owner of Relax on the beach, stating he told his attorney to take appropriate action against me if I shared the info I spoke to him about. Everything I reported Relax On The Beach knew about, they said they told the owners repairs needed to be done, but they just ignored their requests. Received a email from the owner stating, she was sorry for the inconvenience and she would never want to have her condo misrepresented as this has happened to her family before. I requested half of my money back for all of the horrible problems and frustrations we occurred. I was told no, and accused of blackmailing. Apparently the owner use to work for Relax on the Beach and this may be why there is so much cover up. I do have all emails, texts and phone calls along with pictures.

• Stayed June 2014

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Claremore, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

My family and I stayed in 1206, which we rented through VRBO. The building itself was very nice and it does provide some amenities (pool, workout room) but we never used them so I can't comment on the condition. They do have some covered parking, but on the weekends those spaces seemed to fill up quickly. However, during the week we were able to park under the covered parking without any problem.

The condo we stayed in was very nice, and the pictures shown on VRBO's website were accurate. The beds and furniture were very comfortable, and all seemed to be in excellent shape and everything was clean. Beach access was just across the street, and took only a few minutes to walk over. We never utilized the washer or dryer in the unit, but it was nice to have it available if the need arose. We found the condo to be stocked with everything we needed for the week. The best part about this condo was the views of the beach from the balcony!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This review is for the complex only. We rented through VRBO, and our unit was very nice. I would suggest booking through VRBO and searching for reviews of whatever unit you will stay in.

The complex is across from the beach. You have to cross a two lane street to access the "public access" area, because the complex does not have a private entry to the beach. The walk isnt long, but if you have a young child and other beach gear, it could be a hassle. The units in the complex have beach/ocean front viewing from the balcony. That being said, I think we have been spoiled on other trips with direct beach front access. The condo was spacious for us, since it was just my husband and daughter traveling with me. The pool was never crowded, and it was clean. They have a small workout room and a lobby with brochures and information on the area attractions. Overall, I would not be opposed to staying here again (and renting through VRBO) but most likely, we would opt for something with direct beach/ocean access.

Room Tip: Rent through VRBO and check reviews. The unit we stayed in was on the 12th floor, and I would certa...
Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Birmingham Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We took our grandson and his friend for four nights stay. The unit is very spacious. But the master bedroom has a double bed?? The mattress badly needs to be replaced!! Very uncomfortable!! Also. The sheets on that bed are very worn and thin. The outside hall floods the room with light. It needs drapes over the window. The sofa and love seat are uncomfortable. The throne the tv is on is about 6 inches to high and you get a pain in your neck from looking at it? Buy a flat screen!! You should be able to afford it.....

Room Tip: Just make sure the mattress has been replaced in master bedroom. The TV's in this unit are prett...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We went to Gulf Shores for a family vacation and could not have picked a better place to stay. The beach was right across the street and the view was fabulous. The patio was large with plenty of seating. The room was very modern and had a pull out couch for extra bedding. The room included a washer and dryer and fully stocked kitchen. We will definately be back year after year. The pool was only 3 1/2 feet deep would be the only draw back for us but, the beach more than made up for that! It is located just minutes from restraunts, shopping and extra caricular activities.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Capitol Heights, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

The Sanibel has a great view of the Ocean from any room that you're in. I stayed on the 9th floor, although I'm not big on heights I made it through the week-end. The living space was beautiful. The food at the Red Ribs and Complete Angler was fantastic, like it was fresh from the Sea. Better yet the Beach was never over crowded. I really enjoyed my stay there!! Although it was short!!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

I loved the place. Couldn't ask for a better place. Very clean and comfortable. It was right where the beach was. We had an awesome view of it as well, but don't loose your parking pass. They will charge you for that.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Sanibel Gulf Shores? Share your experiences!