“not worth the bother for the price and service” 2 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 33 Restaurants in Gardendale
Shipshewana, Indiana
“not worth the bother for the price and service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I really hate to write bad reviews, but all my friends ask anyway. My husband and I just came from there, and to say it was a dissappointment was an understatement. I know we came in at the end of dinner rush, but there were plenty of seats open. Waiter was in a hurry to place our order and we kept aying we were in no hurry, just enjyoing each other and dont hurry on our account. Well we gave up and gave our order, and some person set down our appetiser at the same moment our server put down dinner, both exited so fast I didnt have time to ask them to keep our dinners warm so we could talk and have our spinach and artichoke dip, I stopped the greater and asked for dinner rolls, she said dont worry your server wil bring them...NOT and he wasnt at the table put to put down food and get a fast refill. Then someone manager? stopped at a dead run to say "hows everything" but he was skidding past before I could pose an answer...does he have to ask everyone? cause he never looked at us or waited to hear an answer. We didnt eat the appetiser, wanted our meal still hot. But the worst was...one appetiser, one half chicken dinner and a southern salade (not anything 2 write home about) and the bill was $41.00...I must say better food, better service, better price at FULL MOON down the street. This resturant left us flat

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Birmingham, Alabama
“Best of the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

No in-house freezers, everything prepared fresh everyday. Not only has BBQ, but also has catfish, steaks, salads, porkchops & the best cheese biscuits ever tasted. Awesome desserts including Banana Pudding, Pecan, Lemon Ice box, Coconut & Chocolate Cream Pie. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it....yahoo!

Visited April 2013
Portland, Tennessee
“the best bbq that i have even eaten... period!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I have been eating bbq throughout the southest for more than 40 years. this is the best bbq that I have ever eaten. I visit Memphis 4 times a year and no place stacks up to Jim 'n Nicks. They have many locations that are all great but this location is the best of them all. Even when it is not time to eat I always stop and grab a pound or two of pulled pork for a later meal. a must place to eat if you love bbq.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dothan, Alabama, United States
“Not Impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I had heard a lot about the chain but apparently more talk was about the original. The service was very good but the food was incredibly average.

Visited October 2012
Athens, Alabama
“Something for everyone and good BBQ.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

Jim 'n Nick's has great BBQ but it has other quality choices as well for those that don't like BBQ. The cheese biscuits (more like mini-muffins) they bring to the table are very good and you have to be careful not to fill-up on those. The beef brisket, pulled pork, baby back ribs and smoked turkey breast are all excellent. The BBQ sauces are very good as well. Sides we have tired are excellent including the mac and cheese, fresh cut fries, mashed potatoes, baked beans and cinammon apples. Prices are in line with other similar BBQ places. Service is good and the food comes out rather quickly. The restaurant is clean and well maintained and has clean restrooms. We will be back!

• Visited April 2012