“The pull-up knob for the shower did not work. It was stuck...” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Gardendale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

The motel was great:! well located, clean, good food nearby,........... But the Football weekend was a bummer!!!!!!!!!---we lost the game!!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Traveling with 2 of my husband's sisters for a girls' getaway to Florida, we stopped here for an overnight stay on our way down. The rest of our group left a day later, so it was just the 3 of us at this hotel.
We arrived after midnght sometime, and were quickly checked in. I asked for their best rate, and was told AAA rate was it unless we had a coupon. I thought, we're checking well after midnight, and told clerk we'd be gone early, yet she couldn't be nice enough to give us the coupon rate that we would have had if we'd picked it up at the rest stop?? Seems like she could have done that since we were only going to be there a matter of hours. Oh well.
So we got to our room which was ok. Nothing special by any means, but adequate. It wasn't really dirty, but it also didn't feel all that clean. The beds were fairly comfortable, there was a MW and Fridge as well. Didn't notice any excessive noise while we were there.
Upon stopping on the way out for the continental breakfast, we found very little to eat. Cereal, bagels, waffle mix/maker, coffee, sour OJ, apple juice, unrefrigerated milk, and that was it. There was a toaster, but no bread. My SIL had to go out to the car to get bread in order to have some toast. I had part of a waffle; not very tasty. No fruit, no pastries, no muffins, no cups until we pulled them out from under the counter. Worst of all, no concern from the desk clerk that there so little food stocked on the breakfast bar.
The place was ok, but I definitely would not stop there again. The price was way too high, even with AAA discount, for what we got. Ranks as a $45/night place at best.
The only plus; location was easy access on and off the highway.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dothan, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

For a low cost, last minute option I was expecting the worst and was quite surprised. Other reviews reflect some cleanliness issues but I did not note any of those. The staff was friendly. The room was fine. I felt I got more than I paid for as I have stayed in MUCH worse for MUCH more.
The Good
Location - enough restaurants around and close to the Warrior Dash that we were partaking in
Staff - friendly and helpful

The Not As Good
AC was loud
Tile in lobby was cracked and needed attention

Room Tip: I stayed on the ground floor and, while I had a view of a hill, it was quiet
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gardendale? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gardendale

Address: 850 Odum Rd, Gardendale, AL 35071
Location: United States > Alabama > Gardendale
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Gardendale
Hotel Class:2 star — Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gardendale 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Otel and Venere so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gardendale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Microtel Birmingham-North/Gardendale Hotel Gardendale
Microtel Gardendale
Gardendale Microtel

If you own or manage Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gardendale, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.