“Adequate facilities and fair price” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Gardendale
Carbondale, Illinois
“Adequate facilities and fair price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

The "free" breakfast is a little worse than many, but adequate. Rooms have always been clean when I have stayed here and the staff has been helpful. I always appreciate the free wifi provided by most Best Westerns.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

Everyone's perspective may somehow be different, but I found this location to be clean, quiet and nice. I'm not looking for "luxury" when I look for accommodations. My concerns are always security, cleanliness and comfort. It's always an added bonus when the staff are courteous and helpful, as well. I was very pleased with the room and its lay out. I am not a breakfast person, so I cannot say one way or the other anything concerning the free breakfast. I do know that when we were checking out, the lady who's job it was to service the breakfast area was very attentive and tidying up. Both she and the desk personnel were quick to let us know that we were welcome to the coffee, juice, milk and any food remaining, although it was clearly after the deadline for serving. We found everyone that we encountered, friendly and obliging. This includes our rather late check-in just hours earlier. We (my husband and myself) will gladly stay at this location again if a room is available. We tend to travel a bit "spontaneously", so reservations are rarely a part of the equation. That is why I find it so refreshing when we are treated with just as much respect and courtesy as if we'd had long standing reservations. While I know that this method of travel can sometimes prove "adventurous", it always proves to be enlightening!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

Sharon was the one who checked us in,she has a great personailty and was very pleasant to talk with. She made us feel at home. The room was a king and it slept great. We enjoyed our stay and will be going back in Oct. They had a descent breakfast. Thanks for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Terre Haute, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

My family stopped at this hotel on our way to Florida. For a one night stay, this is an adequate hotel. The rooms were very clean, however, the decor was very out-dated. Front desk staff was very pleasant. The continental breakfast was very basic but there was an employee constantly clearing tables and keeping the breakfast items replenished. The outdoor swimming pool was clean. All in all this was a good choice at a reasonable price.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Washington, DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

The first room I was assigned smelled musty and the carpet looked very dirty. The woman at the front desk had one room left which smelled better but didn't look better. When I looked on their website, I was under the impression that the waffles would be 'homemade' and there would be other hot offerings. There was gravy that did not appear fresh and the waffles were along the line of Egos that needed to be toasted. When trying to checkout the man at the desk wasn't able to run our gift cards. When I went back to the desk to make sure I had his name when I called corporate he did give me the option of leaving the cards with my phone number on the back. The next person did call as promised and I was able to use the gift cards but it was inconvenient. The pool also did not open until 10 am.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011 via mobile

Hotel was nice and clean. Beds were small but comfortable. Rooms offered refrigerator and microwave and there was a small breakfast in lobby Overall it was a pleasant experience.

• Stayed July 2011
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2010 via mobile

We stayed for two nights in early April 2010. Average, run-of-the-mill place. We had a king suite that had plenty of space for the two of us and our preschooler. Sofa pulls out into a bed, and there's a mini-fridge and microwave- musts for traveling with kids. The room was very clean, and the staff was professional. The continental breakfast did the job- toast, Danish, muffins, fruit, and biscuits and gravy. The location is a little weird.

Cons: poor tv reception, poor wi-fi signal in room (free but barely strong enough to even use). Also, the gym equipment needs updating. Several machines didn't work.

Still, we will stay here again. It served its purpose.

• Stayed July 2011

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Gardendale? Share your experiences!