“Above the rest” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 13 hotels in Gadsden
Gadsden, Alabama
“Above the rest”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stay in hotels 20 plus days a month; so I can recognize Customer Service that is "Above The Rest." Since people that work in hotels; represent the owners ability to hire and retain "Outstanding Quality" Employees, I am truly impressed. One young lady "Dionca" went out of her way to simply make me smile and turn my day into a rememberable one. More than just a "hello" or "How are you?" but it is that genuine extra effort that is sincerely felt. The feeling we all want when we pay for a room but rarely experience. And not only Dionca, but also other staff members also made me feel the extra sincere concern for my Quality stay. Thank You Dionca and Others at Best Western Gadsden, AL for making my stay pleasureable.
Glenn S. Oncay

Room Tip: Only one washer and dryer for the whole place ???
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

120 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Gadsden, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I stayed at this Best Western from Oct. 11/2012 until Dec. 02/2012 that is what I call a long stay visit. The hotel was clean and cleaned every day. Some of the staff became like family. I used the in house laundry machine which is nice not to have to go to the laundry mat. I could not afford to eat out every night so having a BBQ and patio was a great plus. The staff went out of their way to make me feel at home as AL is my new home but my family is still far away.

Shauna and Kandice were helpful and quick to keep me straight
I could count on smiles whenever I saw Julie and Dionca
Gladis and Nichole were happy to help me out when I needed it.

I know I miss the friendly interaction with them living all by myself now.
Thanks
Craig

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Best G, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Gadsden Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
We are so glad that you enjoyed your time with us. We agree that you were part of the family. Its nice that you are close enough to come by a visit us. We hope you enjoy living in Alabama.
Page
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Very clean and in a good location. Staff is friendly and the breakfast selection and room is great. I have nothing to add but I need to place 200 characters in these comments. I still am not at the 200 character minimum.

Room Tip: We stayed in the King Bedroom Suite
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Room was nice but air conditioner made a scratching noise all night, curtain rod fell early in the morning and landed on the air conditioner. Then the coffee pot didn't work. They did have a nice breakfast. They even have a patio with a large gas grill for guest to use. Call me crazy but I would give them another try.

• Stayed October 2012
BWPlusGadsden, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Gadsden Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a comment on TripAdvisor. We have addressed the issues you had during the stay. We truly apologize for any inconvience this may have caused during your stay with us. We are here to provide superior customer care to every guest that walks in the door and its guest like you that let us know when things are not right. Please let us know when you will be back in the area and we would love to have you visit us again.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

It's good to see good professional customer service again. So many places are lacking in this area today. The receptionist was very polite, efficient, and professional. Clean rooms are a number 1 priority for us, so we were pleased to see that we were not disappointed. The rooms were perfectly cleaned. The hallway carpet can use a shampoo in some areas, but the carpet in our room looked new. We ate waffles, sausage, and eggs (along with coffee) for breakfast so it was sufficient. You don't have to eat breakfast at another place; however, there are several close resturants too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will visit us again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We travel a great deal. So I feel qualified to give my opinion on this hotel. We were surprised to open the room door and find a very nice room with all amenities we needed. The price was very good for this room. Shauna, the front desk receptionist, was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast closed at 9am on Sunday, a bit too early for us. But overall, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for leaving us a comment on TripAdvisor. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us. we hope that you be back to visit us again in the near future.
Cottondale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

The staff were very friendly and helpful . We were in town for a wedding along with several other family groups. When we asked about a place we could all gather up for several hours, we were allowed to use the breakfast serving area; it was perfect! We were comfortable, unbothered by staff, and not worried about disturbing other guests. The beds and air conditioning were great. We would stay there again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Gadsden Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!