“Clean, Safe, and Has Excellent Customer Service--perfect stayover” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Motel - Gadsden

Super 8 Motel - Gadsden
You added Super 8 Motel - Gadsden to your Saves list
Super 8 Motel - Gadsden
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2110 Rainbow Drive, Gadsden, AL 35901   |
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Gadsden
Lexington, Kentucky
“Clean, Safe, and Has Excellent Customer Service--perfect stayover”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stopped here for one night on our way to New Orleans. We got an amazing bargain--under $50, including fees and taxes. The motel is older, but the pillow top beds were brand new and very comfortable. More important to us than the age of the facilities was the cleanliness, and this hotel was very clean. The rooms are very spacious. The pool was clean and refreshing. Breakfast waffles were made in the morning by the staff, and served with a big smile and great service.

We enjoyed our stay so much that we booked another night on the way home. We had a different room on a different floor, and found that it also was very clean, comfortable, and spacious. We received the same excellent customer service on this stay as well. The refrigerators are good-sized, and the microwaves worked well. The sodas in the machine were ice cold.

On our second stay-through, since they knew we were coming, they had the air conditioning on, and the room was nice and very cool when we arrived. It was 104 degrees outside, and we really appreciated that attention to detail that they provided for us.

Located close to the mall, great BBQ joints, and the Falls, this hotel is perfect for travelers needing a stayover.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the new pillowtop mattresses.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Eastern Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

Gadsden was our overnight stop between Kentucky and the Florida panhandle. The price seemed right for just a bed for the night. I was sadly mistaken. I reserved 3 rooms for our 3 families, all with children. Even though a few of us smoke, I reserved non-smoking rooms because we don't smoke around our kids. We all respect the severe allergy some people have to cigarette smoke and would not dream of smoking in a non-smoking room. My family was the first to arrive, and we took a look at all three rooms. Two of them had obviously been smoked in recently and one of them reeked of cigarette smoke and had a clean ashtray sitting on the table. We decided to make the best of it since it was just for the night, right? By the way, a younger lady at the desk at check-in was very nice and accommodating. I told her about the smoking situation and she said we were welcome to smoke outside the office and use that ashtray. An older gentleman took over in the middle of the night, and that's where the problems continued. Early the next morning, when one lady from our party was smoking outside, he began to harass her about not smoking in the rooms. Three times he walked up to tell her she was in a non-smoking room and better not be smoking in the room. She replied that if she was smoking in the room, then why would she be outside? He persisted, and when I checked out, I returned the ashtray we found in one of the rooms. I told him I didn't appreciate his harassment of my party. He rambled on something about people borrowing ashtrays and smoking where they shouldn't. I told him I still didn't appreciate it and he smiled and went on rambling. Besides the smoke smell, the overall cleanliness of the rooms left much to be desired. Regardless, even in Gadsden, there are several other choices, and if I ever stop here again it will be in a different motel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Gadsden, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

I had a ttrip plan and made a reservation. The night before I called the national reservations to confirm all was OK. My reservation had been changed. I complained but dropped and went to dinner. While out at dinner i get a call fromthe owner who is furious at me. He started yelling asking if i wanted the room. I said yes, he then started yelling I cost him $65 by complaining to reservations. He then cancelled my reservation and report incorrectly I cussed him out. After being yelled at I was no happy but did not cuss. Wydham reservations basically told me it was between him and me as he owner the motel. They were extremely insensitive to the position this left me in not having a room. i did get a room down the street with another chain as they went out of their way. All I can say is they not only helped me they left they light on for me.

Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

Clean rooms with new pillow top mattresses. Slept well. Continental breakfast included. Staff was very friendly & helpful. Great value overall.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Bristol, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

Carpet was so dirty that my white socks got black after walking across the floor. Bathroom floor was dirty with dirt caked in the corners. Huge roaches came out at night.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Conroe, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2011

Room was the cleanest that I have ever seen and staff was very friendly. Easy parking right in front of the door. Great area of town (next to the country club) and excellent security. (recording cameras outside). Free coffee in the mornings

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Clermont, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

The motel was ok. The breakfast cereal in the morning unfortunately was stale, and some of the breakfast food wasn't that inviting. The room was non smoking but reeked of cigarette smoke.

Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Motel - Gadsden? Share your experiences!