“Very Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 hotels in Fultondale
Coleman, Michigan
“Very Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This hotel was very clean, and had modern decor. The pool was very warm, and the hot tub was nice as well. The breakfast selection was good. The front desk girl was very friendly and helpful. A little more then I like to spend for just an overnight stay, but it was worth the money. The area has tons of places to eat, and seemed like a prettty safe place to stop. Overall a good overnight stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hamptonhoover, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Fultondale/I-65, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel. Guest feedback helps us measure our performance and help us improve our product and service when and where needed. Comments like yours help reaffirm our goals and we appreicate your comments. We look forward to your next stay with us.

63 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Herrin, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night at this Fairfield. Check in was quick and efficient. Front desk staff was friendly and gave complete information about the property and also told us about discount at nearby Applebees for guests of the hotel. Our room was clean with good lighting and the bed was comfortable. Bathroom was also spotless with plenty of towels. Only complaint about room was the desk chair leaned so far back that it was uncomfortable to work at the desk. There was no adjustment for the back.
Breakfast is the one area where this hotel needs work. We went to the breakfast area around 8 o'clock. The usual assortment of breakfast items for this type of hotel was available, however, all the milk was frozen solid. There was no milk to drink or for the cereal. Having a health issue with eating eggs, this was quite disappointing to me. When the breakfast attendant was asked about the milk situation, she just said, "Oh I know. I've got it in the other fridge to thaw." A member of the staff could have used some petty cash and gone to the convenience store next door and purchased a couple gallons of milk for the guests. When paying nearly $100 a night for a room, it's hardly an unrealistic expectation to have some milk available at breakfast.
Overall this is a good hotel with easy access to the freeway and with plenty of food choices nearby. We would likely stay here again when passing through the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hamptonhoover, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Fultondale/I-65, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. Guest feedback help us measure our performance and identify areas where we can improve. I am glad that your check in was efficient and that you found our front desk staff to be efficient and helpful. I have taken your comments about the desk chair to management and we will be replacing those chairs during our remodel this year. As for the breakfast experiece, I do apologize for it. Our refrigerator was not working properly and food items had to be stored in the freezer. I agree with you that the someone should have picked up a gallon or two of milk for the morning breakfast and this is something we have addressed with our team since your stay. Again, I thank you for staying with us and I do hope that you will give us another try when you come through our area in the future.
Peebles, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Although we are members of Marriott and use them as frequently as possible, the "pets not allowed" statement on their web page turned us off. We tried to stay there but no exceptions to the anti pet rule. So we went next door where we were comfortably accomodated with our small, 10 year old Boxer. Really too bad for older travelers that cherish and care for their pets.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our website. We do have a no pet policy and advertise it for the simple fact that many people have allergies and need to know for certain that a hotel is pet free or not when they travel. I apologize for the inconveniece this caused you during your visit to our area.
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I was a guest over the summer sometime this past June/July my family and I had an excellent one night stay! The rooms are very clean and service was impressive - your staff was very professional and friendly/courteous especially Consuela (front desk) was the best! Her attention to detail and ability to multi-task and maintain a good sense of humor was exceptional! Thank you :)

Room Tip: It's probably best to call ahead for availability! While checking in that night they had a few t...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hamptonhoover, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Fultondale/I-65, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel. We strive every day to provide excellence in service and product and always appreciate it when guest let us know that we are achieving this goal. Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to your next stay with us!
Little Rock, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed here for the last 3 years as we come into town to visit family. 3 years ago, this facility was nice and good enough, this year our stay was disappointing. The check in clerk was friendly enough although a little stressed as she sap she had a lot of people checking in at once. The lobby was about a 3 out of 5. Not the worst, like a motel 6 but not up to Marriotts standards in our opinion. There was a stale smell and the carpets are showing signs of wear. There was someone sweeping in the lobby but the pile of trash remained in the corner as we walked by it twice over a period of 30 minutes. The room felt dingy and just gross when we checked in. We had something called a spa suite unit (my husband said) which included a nice size jacuzzi that the kids liked taking a bath in. The mattress was horrible and so were the pillows. I simply can't say how we couldn't wait to go to bed, sleep and wake up so we could leave. We are Marriott fans and after leaving here drove to Columbus, MS to visit more families and checked in to another Fairfield Inn & Suites that was impeccably clean and was the standard (in our opinion) by which all others FFI should strive to mimick. In conclusion, instead of staying at FFI in Fultondale on future stays, we will make the 20 minute drive and stay at Embassy Suites in Hoover.

• Stayed November 2012
Hamptonhoover, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Fultondale/I-65, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
We offer our sincere apologies to you and your family for the uncomfortable experience you had at our property. There is nothing more rewarding than developing a lasting relationship with our return guests, and we have been extremely fortunate to retain several that have become family here with our staff. It deeply concerns us when we read a review like this, and want you to know that we take extreme measures to ensure customer satisfaction to the highest of Marriott standards. Even as much as an isolated experience such as yours we put in a lot of effort and resources into the continuous development and training with our staff to ensure the best service possible one customer at a time. We are also entering our six year renovation period this month and are excited to be upgrading our furninture, carpet, wallpaper, and breakfast facilities. We have also upgraded our entire wired and wireless internet system that will allow our guests to run up to six different devices in their room with the most state of the art speed and security features available on the market. We plan on this technology, interior and extrerior upgrades to meet and even exceed expectations for our customers. We are extremely proud to be able to offer these new services based on our thriving sucess in our market. I hope that you decide to stay with us again in the future, and give us another chance for your accomodations.

Byron Baldwin
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Hubs and I stayed here for one overnight. We were in town for a funeral, and this FI was very convenient to where we needed to be. The staff were all very attentive, friendly and courteous. I would certainly stay here again and again. Absolutely wonderful bed, so clean and perfect. EVERYTHING about this place gets 5+ stars from me (and da hubs)

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hamptonhoover, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Fultondale/I-65, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel. We pride ourselves for providing excellent service and product and are always appeciative of comments such as yours. I will certainly share your comments with our team. Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay with us!
Oxford, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was here for a quick overnight stay. Had the suite on the end since there were four of us. Staff was friendly and breakfast was good. Clean enough, and no problems. Good choice for getting off and back on I-65.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hamptonhoover, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Fultondale/I-65, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
We appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us, and thank you for taking the time to critique your experience at our property. As far as your check in experience, we will investigate and research the way our billing procedures and credit/debit card authorization process was communicated with you. When we check our guests in, we follow strict Marriott procedures and let our guests know that we authorize the credit/debit card for Room and Tax. There is also an automatic hold on the card for incidentals in case ther are personal charges to your room such as movies or items billed to your room from our Market in the lobby. This is not a charge, but a hold and in no way reflects any pre-determined accusation of criminal activity. We feel it is necessary to let our guests be advised of this hold for for customer service related inquiries since this hold may appear to be an immediate charge to their checking account balance. We feel that this information at check-in can be beneficial to our guests in determining their best payment options, and we feel that they should have the right to be informed.

I will make sure that this verbiage is properly communcated by our front desk agents, as we have had proven success with this policy and others based on our excellant scores and return business time and time again.

I want you to know that in everything we do, it is in the best interest for our customers and guests, and I hate to read about such a bad, isolated expereice such as yours. We take full responibility for this occuring and will make sure that it will never happen again.

We look forward to seeing you in the near future!
Byron Baldwin

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Fultondale/I-65? Share your experiences!