“Overall, very good!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Independence
“Overall, very good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I really liked the ribs, the pulled pork was pretty dry, and the catfish was a huge delicious helping! The baked beans were ok, but the corn on the cob was really good. The homemade tartar sauce had a bit of spice and it was actually really good. The service was fairly quick given how busy they were. I would eat there again. Heck I ate there two nights in a row while I was in town!!

Visited July 2014

Chicago, Illinois
“Pretty Good Ribs, Delicious Cookies”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We saw how Full Moon had been rated a top BBQ restaurant by Huffington Post so we were excited to give it a try while passing through Fultondale, AL. We dined in. In all, we ordered two “Classic Rib” plates, “Smoked Turkey on a Salad”, and a hot dog kids’ meal.

The ribs were good. Where we’re from, we’re used to ribs with a sweeter sauce, and this one was more tangy (vinegar-based sauce?). It was a nice alternative. My husband and son polished them off quickly, being generous enough to let me taste one of them. Their steak fries were tasty and cooked to perfection: great whether dipped in ketchup or not.

My salad with turkey was pretty good and I’d chosen fat free ranch on the side. Turkey slices were piled high in the middle. It came with a couple of hot peppers (which I always remove) and a couple small tomato slices. I would have enjoyed more goodies in there like maybe some red onion or olives. Also it came with a few small packs of saltine crackers on the side. I would have preferred croutons for sure.

We’d read good things about the Half Moon Cookies so we ordered a bunch of those. They came cold, individually wrapped in plastic bags. They were chocolate chip and nut cookies, with half dipped in chocolate. Eating one of these made for a good dessert to round out the meal. We brought the rest home and I was excited to find one left over the following morning to enjoy it again!

In all, I’d rate the ribs pretty good (as we’ve had better), the salad average (needed more toppings) and the cookies excellent. It seemed a little on the pricey side for a restaurant where you go up to the counter to order. Overall, however, worth a stop if you’re in Fultondale.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Two years ago, we ate here because it was close to the hotel. This time we made a point of going back. Delicious BBQ with large portions. It is kind of pricey ($30 for two meals) but smaller appetites could easily share one meal. The staff was friendly and polite, while the restaurant was clean and comfortable. We were a little disappointed that they only have one type of sauce, but that is a small issue.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Muncie, Indiana
“Absolutely allodicious delicious; No better BBQ anywhere! Roll Tide...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

In all of my 28 years of traveling and testing , especially thru out the SE, you'll not have a better BBQ experience.I could smell the delicious BBQ cooking from the I 65 exit.Such wonderful tasting mustard based BBQ, plus all the trimmings including corn on the cob.Yum Yum!. But as exciting for me were all the pictures and info. of Alabama sports, especially football. That made my dinner complete. ROLL TIDE!! Especially seeing Sara Evans husband in a photo.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Highest quality fast food BBQ!
We need this in Canada but if you can't wait go to Birmingham Alabama and try the pulled pork, beef brisket, fried green tomatoes and mac'n cheese!