“Friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Fultondale
Bourbonnais, Illinois
“Friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

All of the staff members I encountered were very friendly and ready to go the extra mile. The front desk clerk also asked if I needed a wake up call, which is seldom offered except upon request. Breakfast was great and there were a good variety of selections. Fitness room was clean and equipment in good order with plenty of fresh towels. Walking distance to decent places to eat, and a short drive to more. Comfortable beds and pillows. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Kareem M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham / Fultondale I-65, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
MJT93 thank you so much for your review. I am glad to hear you had a pleasant experience with our staff. I will be sure to share you kind words with my team, and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Harrodsburg, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My wife and I spent one night at this Hampton since the Holiday Inn next door that we had planned to stay in was full. It was dark and raining the evening we arrived and we did not want to waste time looking around since there was a football bowl game going on. The only room they had left was handicap accessible so that may have been the reason the room was quite large. The room was very clean and the king size bed was very comfortable. There were plenty of places nearby to eat and their breakfast the following morning was good. I thought the room price was a little expensive at $129.00 and ended up being $152.00 after adding taxes. Other than the price it was a nice place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Avalanche03 thank you for your kind comments about our Hotel. Our prices are set by the other hotels in the market and we are and always try to stay very competitive. I would like to suggest you join out Hilton honors program which will give you the chance to earn points towards free rooms and special member only check in amenities. This program is free and adds more value to your stay. I will share your motivating review with my entire team.
New Orleans
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Our room was very dusty. There was a knife sticking out under the bed. It was a lock blade and had screwdriver parts on one end. It looked deadly! The internet was so slow it was like going back in time to dial up internet!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hornets777 I would like to apologize for not living up to your standards ,at Hampton Inn Fultondale we make it our business to make sure every guest is satisfied with their stay. In fact we guarantee it I have located your reservation from the online survey you also filled out and have adjusted one full room night off your credit card! You should see this credit reflection in one to three business days. I hope the next time you are in our area you give us a second chance. If you are please call me direct on my cell 803-447-9655. Kareem Miller
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Headed north toward projected bad winter weather and not knowing what we might encounter, we did not make an overnight reservation in advance. We were about 45 minutes from Birmingham when I called the hotel direct to check for availability. Tracy took my call, looked up my HHonors number, quickly made the reservation, and answered my question about any restaurants near the hotel (we were tired driving and were hoping to make just one stop). We arrived inside the hour and there was Tracy with the keys ready and the welcome information that the heat and lights were turned on in our room. Nice follow up! Room was clean and comfortable, breakfast well tended and tasty. And we were delighted with the Outback Restaurant right next door... just walked across the parking lot. Easy on and off the highway.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here headed north in a blinding rainstorm. We were a little hesitant because of lackluster reviews, but were glad we chose this Hampton. The building was clean and smelled fresh. Our room was very comfortable--great bed. There was a mix up on rates, but when I pointed it out they quickly corrected it. Breakfast was above average for a "free" breakfast. All the staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is between an O'Charley's and an Outback with several other restaurants nearby.

• Stayed January 2013
Fayetteville, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

The rooms were not clean, the service was not friendly, and the breakfast was not fresh. I did not feel safe at this hotel and would not recommend it to anyone. Stay away if possible! Any motel 6 is on the same playing feild as this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

This was our overnite location on spring break from Indiana to Florida. Got there late due to traffic, but was booked in quickly to a courtious staffer. Place was clean and breakfast was consistent with all other Hamptons. Well lighted parking lot, close to restaurants and highway... Easy on and off. A nice location

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fultondale
Days Inn Fultondale
Comfort Suites Fultondale
#6 of 7 in Fultondale
3.0 of 5 stars 60 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS Gardendale

Been to Hampton Inn Birmingham / Fultondale I-65? Share your experiences!