“Nice But Expensive” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Fultondale
Harrodsburg, Kentucky
“Nice But Expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My wife and I spent one night at this Hampton since the Holiday Inn next door that we had planned to stay in was full. It was dark and raining the evening we arrived and we did not want to waste time looking around since there was a football bowl game going on. The only room they had left was handicap accessible so that may have been the reason the room was quite large. The room was very clean and the king size bed was very comfortable. There were plenty of places nearby to eat and their breakfast the following morning was good. I thought the room price was a little expensive at $129.00 and ended up being $152.00 after adding taxes. Other than the price it was a nice place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Kareem M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham / Fultondale I-65, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Avalanche03 thank you for your kind comments about our Hotel. Our prices are set by the other hotels in the market and we are and always try to stay very competitive. I would like to suggest you join out Hilton honors program which will give you the chance to earn points towards free rooms and special member only check in amenities. This program is free and adds more value to your stay. I will share your motivating review with my entire team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
New Orleans
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Our room was very dusty. There was a knife sticking out under the bed. It was a lock blade and had screwdriver parts on one end. It looked deadly! The internet was so slow it was like going back in time to dial up internet!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hornets777 I would like to apologize for not living up to your standards ,at Hampton Inn Fultondale we make it our business to make sure every guest is satisfied with their stay. In fact we guarantee it I have located your reservation from the online survey you also filled out and have adjusted one full room night off your credit card! You should see this credit reflection in one to three business days. I hope the next time you are in our area you give us a second chance. If you are please call me direct on my cell 803-447-9655. Kareem Miller
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Headed north toward projected bad winter weather and not knowing what we might encounter, we did not make an overnight reservation in advance. We were about 45 minutes from Birmingham when I called the hotel direct to check for availability. Tracy took my call, looked up my HHonors number, quickly made the reservation, and answered my question about any restaurants near the hotel (we were tired driving and were hoping to make just one stop). We arrived inside the hour and there was Tracy with the keys ready and the welcome information that the heat and lights were turned on in our room. Nice follow up! Room was clean and comfortable, breakfast well tended and tasty. And we were delighted with the Outback Restaurant right next door... just walked across the parking lot. Easy on and off the highway.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here headed north in a blinding rainstorm. We were a little hesitant because of lackluster reviews, but were glad we chose this Hampton. The building was clean and smelled fresh. Our room was very comfortable--great bed. There was a mix up on rates, but when I pointed it out they quickly corrected it. Breakfast was above average for a "free" breakfast. All the staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is between an O'Charley's and an Outback with several other restaurants nearby.

• Stayed January 2013
Fayetteville, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

The rooms were not clean, the service was not friendly, and the breakfast was not fresh. I did not feel safe at this hotel and would not recommend it to anyone. Stay away if possible! Any motel 6 is on the same playing feild as this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

This was our overnite location on spring break from Indiana to Florida. Got there late due to traffic, but was booked in quickly to a courtious staffer. Place was clean and breakfast was consistent with all other Hamptons. Well lighted parking lot, close to restaurants and highway... Easy on and off. A nice location

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
cincinnati, ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

I've always been a fan of Hampton Inn, but this experience has forever changed me from being a regular customer. NEVER AGAIN!

Checked in during a long ride home in March 2012.
Starting out, although they quoted the room rate of $99, by the time we paid fees and taxes and more, our bill was over $130. At Hotels.com, they tell you ALL the fees up front and that is all you pay. HUGE RIPOFF!

As to the hotel, the hotel and room were tidy, but badly in need of updates. Wall paper was outdated and bath tile was discolored and out of date as well. On the plus side, we were at the end of the hall on the second floor and all was relatively quiet.

As we were making a quick overnight stop, I needed to work and answer emails, etc. from my laptop. After trying for over 30 minutes to get online, I finally called the desk and was told that 'OUR INTERNET ONLY SERVICES 50 DEVICES AT ONE TIME', including iphones, etc. and told to try again later. LATER NEVER HAPPENED. I NEVER WAS ABLE TO GET ONLINE. I WAS NEVER ABLE TO WORK! I TRIED ALL NIGHT!

The next morning was no better. No internet service.

Deciding we needed to go so I could find a 'hot spot' to work, we stopped on our way out to have their free breakfast.

I was sorely disappointed to see NO COFFEE! NO HOT ITEMS! and no one else even in the breakfast area at 9am. They were supposed to serve for another hour but we were told they were all out of everything! They stated they were severely understaffed and just weren't able to do what was needed. INCREDIBLE!

NEVER AGAIN!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!