“it was good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Foley
Monroeville, Alabama, Usa
“it was good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We enjoyed everything about our stay, except the fact that not once, but three times we had to kill roaches right next to the bed. I really did not like that. The roaches really upset me. I am scared of them ,and next to the bed. This has me really thinking about if we should find another favorite spot or not. Everything but that was great.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Conrad R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Riviera Inn, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I will assure you that we implement a biweekly treatment for our property and apologize for any bug found in your room. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 251-9438600.

VM/GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Lacombe, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We paid for 2beds and only got 1. The room was good not enough towels and did not have a blanket. The pool was good but the breakfast buffet needs to have different food added.the staff was friendly and willing to try to help. When I got the receipt it had my name,confirmation number and a totally different amount that was paid. It had the wrong credit card number and the wrong address.i booked with Expedia like I always do.I had to call Expedia to find out the information I needed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Conrad R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Riviera Inn, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I hope you enjoyed your stay here at the Best Western Riviera Inn. I would like to take the time to first thank you for choosing us for your lodging needs. I did get a chance to also review your other responses left on third party sites and our Medalia page. On behalf of my staff and I would like to apologize for you only getting one bed and not two during your stay. I will agree with our breakfast needing to be updated. As of this year we will be expanding our breakfast to a hot breakfast and also expanding the breakfast area to where the apartment-office space is now to double the breakfast area by at least two times. Giving our guest a much better experience and more enjoyable spacious area to eat and relax in the mornings. I sure hope in the future you will give us another look the next time you are in Foley or wanting to visit the Beaches of Gulf Shores or Orange Beach.

Best Western Riviera Inn
251-943-8600
Childersburg, Alabama, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

The room was very, very nice and clean. I had never stayed at a Best Western, but was surprized. The service was good but breakfast was just ok, it beats nothing. Waffle, cereal and yogurt,muffins. Good

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Conrad R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Riviera Inn, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for choosing Best Western Riviera Inn for your lodging needs. My team members and I appreciate your positive feedback and hope you will come back to see us again real soon. Once again thank you for staying with us here at the Best Western Riviera Inn.

251-943-8600
Effingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stayed 4 nights and was completely satisfied with the room and consider it an excellent value. From making reservations to check out the staff was excellent. I made an extension to the original reservation. That required a change in rooms and the staff found one near my first. All the basics of the room were covered: everything I touched or saw was clean, the bed was comfortable, the towels and washcloth felt good, hot water was always available, the shower head had a good spray, the lavatory area was spacious, it has a frig and microwave, there was a table and plug-in that could be used for computers and the wifi worked. The location of the parking and the outside stairs and room entry were convenient for me. The location of the motel was almost ideal for my stay.

I had 3 items which were minor for me. Two of the plastic things by which hangers attach to the rod came apart even though I think I had things gently. The lavatory in the first room drained slowly--it did drain however. I did not need to do laundry while there but observed it is in a covered breezeway that would have been unpleasant during the cool windy days I was there. It is possible there may be other laundry facilities inside.

The last 3 nights when I returned the No Vacancy sign was up so the motel was desirable to a good many customers.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Conrad R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Riviera Inn, responded to this review, March 24, 2013

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience.

Conrad Reimche
general manager
BEST WESTERN Riviera Inn
York, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

When I checked into this hotel, I specifically asked again to confirm my reservation for a nonsmoking room. "Yes, it's nonsmoking," she replied. As soon as I entered the room, I smelled smoke, went immediately back to the office and was told that it is a nonsmoking room. Perhaps as of that morning, but not for any longer! She offered to put a machine in the room to clean the air, but we would not be able to be in the room while the machine ran...if Room 215 was a nonsmoking room, why would a machine be needed? It was only 4:00 p.m. and there were less than a quarter of the rooms occupied at this time, even though the hotel was sold out for the night. I was just getting over the flu, and spent the entire evening, after returning from dinner, coughing!!!! Our room should have been changed at 4:00 when I first complained. Another customer was told that she and her handicapped husband would have to stay in their assigned room on the second floor, because the rooms were assigned that morning. She was concerned about her husband walking up stairs to the second floor. Again no accommodations were offered to relieve the issue! What HORRIBLE SERVICE!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Conrad R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Riviera Inn, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. All but five of our rooms here at Best Western Riviera Inn are non-smoking. During this month of March we get a lot of visitors for spring break and time to time they will break our policy of smoking in a non-smoking room. Guest do have to pay a $150.00 fine for breaking the signed agreement at check in. We do our very best to clear the smoke smell as much as possible if the guest does smoke in the room. The machine we use is a Ozone machine which breaks up the molecules in the air, then if time is available we dehumidify the room. During this busy season rooms do get booked early and often. We hold 2 handicap rooms which are on the first floor and have wide doors, chairs for showers and serve every need for our guest who may need assistance. On that night we had both rooms reserved from Best Western site to take care of the guest who requested a handicap room. We do apologize for any inconvenience that occured during your visit and the couple who was left with a second floor room, who very well needed a first floor room but was not available at the time.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience that Best Western Riviera Inn strives for every day.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Conrad Reimche
GM

Been to BEST WESTERN Riviera Inn? Share your experiences!