“Closed.” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Foley, Alabama, USA
“Closed.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

This place has been closed for years! Try searching for the ones in Foley (Miflin Road) and Orange Beach (at Zeke's Marina). I think the one in Foley is better but either way it's overpriced for what you get.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Magnolia Springs, Alabama
“What a let down...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

The old Wolf Bay Lodge was a great restaurant. This reincarnation is a bad dream. The portions are ridiculously small...I ordered hush puppies and got 3. They forgot how to cook seafood and what made the original Wolf Bay Lodge famous...

Visited May 2012
Louisiana
“Not Impressed at all !”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Went here with family..waited about 30-45 mins in a hot cramped gift shop, no where to sit down...food was ok at best and not what I was expecting. Waiter took forever to take the orders and then it was another 30min wait for the food to come after we ordered ! I will not be returning any time soon! Could have gotten the same meal up the road for less money !

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Impressed first-timer!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

We went to this restaurant on the suggestion of locals while shopping at the outlet malls. When we arrived we were taken straight to a table. I went to the restroom to wash my hands and by the time I made it to the table, the drinks were there. The server was very attentive and stayed that way through the entire meal. The appetizers of cold boiled shrimp were excellent! I ordered the tuna and my wife ordered the grilled grouper to split with our youngest son. When the food arrived, it was delicious. I asked for my tuna steak medium rare and it was cooked perfectly with wonderful flavor. The grouper plate they shared was more then they both could eat and it was delicious as well! After dinner, we stopped in the gift shop and I bought my wife a very nice ring, (funny you can get a great ring from a seafood restaurant gift shop, but we did!) All in all this was a very pleasant dining experience and we WILL be back!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Impressively unimpressive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

We ended up at Wolf Bay Lodge after finding out that Zekes Restaurant (which was in the space above what is now Wold Bay Lodge) had closed. We looked at the menu and decided to give Wolf Bay a try. This was a mistake. We were greeted and place on the waiting list. As we were waiting for our table one of the "high top" tables by the bar became available. These are the tables you see at most restaurants near the bar, which are generally "first come, first serve" and are served by the bartenders. We took the opportunity, as the wait was approximately 45 minutes, to seat ourselves. Mistake number two. One of the bartenders greeted us quickly and gave us menus. After this we didnt see her for 30 minutes. It was so long that I went back to the host stand and asked to be placed back in line for a traditional table. Eventually our bartender / server came back around and took our order. My wife and I both ordered the seafood platter, broiled. Now, im sure you all have been to seafood restaurants on the beach aimed at tourists before. These platters are generally gigantic dishes. Monuments to gluttony, if you will. It was our first night of our vacation, so I wanted something grand. What arrived (eventually) was a pitiful little plate of scant portions. It contained 3 pieces of tiny shrimp, 4 oysters, a single stuffed shrimp, a small stuffed crab, a 3 ounce piece of white fish, 2 miniature hush puppies, and a cup of decent seafood gumbo, which I had to remind the server to bring out. My wife's plate was identical. Now, I have ordered this dish at nearly every restaurant on the gulf and I can honestly say this was the most pathetic attempt at a seafood platter I have ever witnessed. The salad bar was adequate, as many have mentioned before, but only a single trip? Come on... That just comes off as cheap. To Wolf Bays Credit the food was pretty good. The lobster bisque was better than the seafood gumbo and the location/ambiance on the docks of Zekes Landing at the waterway is beautiful. This is a sub-average restaurant for the area and we will not be back. I would not recommend Wolf Bay Lodge.