“Don't stay here!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Foley
“Don't stay here!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

This hotel was the only one with availabilities for the one night we stayed here. The ceilings were stained and sagging from leaks, the carpet was NASTY (suspicious looking spots) and the room was very tiny. So was the bathroom. The worst part of all was the bed. Hands down the HARDEST bed I have ever slept (ha! I didn't sleep much at all) in. Creepy, flea bag hotel. If I had had a choice I would not have stayed here, and I never will again!

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Clovis, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Trip Advisor makes you pick at least a one or I would give this place a zero...it was that bad. Where to begin?
(1) For starters they advertised Free Internet yet when it popped in and out every two minutes and I complained, their excuse was they had an old router...for the whole five days I stayed there. No working vacation possible.
(2) When I crawled in the shower the first night, I noticed pure black filth coming off of the bottom of my feet. The carpet was literally filty and each time I showered, the stuff came off of my feet. I think it was black mold. I took to wearing shoes in the room.
(3) The continental breakfast was adequate, but guess what, no tables in the preparation area. You literally had to take your food back to your room and eat on your bed.
(4) Didn't change the sheets daily or empty trash. We had the same sheets all five days.
(5) They use the budget DirectTV plan so you strangely cannot receive CBS OR ESPN. Not all that bad except the SEC is usually on CBS and if not, it is on ESPN, but on that Saturday...IN ALABAMA...ARKANSAS VS ALABAMA COULD NOT BE VIEWED!! UNBELIEVABLE!
It was not all that expensive but their claimed "Internet Special" pricing is way over the top. It did seem to be the least expensive place in the area but it really didn't need to be so ... well, cheap. As I found, you truly do get what you pay for.

Room Tip: The only positive thing I can say is that they did have 2 queen beds in most rooms (except handicapp...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
bay st louis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I got two rooms from this hotel for was in Foley with two couples and their kids so I got them there Own room. Rooms were not bad just Average clean and what one would expect from a Key West type hotel. Would stay again if price was right.

Room Tip: down stairs room
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

First off, if you need two signs by the door reminding you to bolt or chain you door for security, its probably not the best place to stay. Left a work trip to meet everyone at the beach and needed somewhere to crash for the night. Being that everyroom within 5 miles of Gulf Shores was overrun by baseball and softball teams, i was left with this gem. First off Lets talk about smell. I dont mind the standard twang in the air of a typical inexpensive hotel room, but this place smelled like a bad retirement community, and I love old people! The towels smelled so bad I had to put my swim suit on and sit by the pool. All around bad.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The outside appearance was fine. The room was pretty clean. I didn't see any stains on the sheets or floor. The walls needed some work. My son barely touched a spot in the wall (a spot that was obvious had been knocked in before) and pushed right thru the dry wall. So that was annoying. The bathroom was clean. Wifi picked up good . Alot of the channels were missing or didn't pick up on the tv. We stayed in the no pets, no smoking room. So it did not have a bad odor. Over all we got what we paid for. Fairly cheap, and did not come with any extras. But it was ok for us because we didn't stay in the room much anyways.

• Stayed July 2012
Millbrook, Al
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed at the Key West Inn in Foley this weekend. We were told at check-in (3p.m.) that they were short handed and to call back in 30 minutes. We called back in 40 and was told our room was still not finished and we gave our name and number and was told they would call us when it was ready. At 4pm we saw the lady that was suppose to call us, pack up and go home. At 4:30 ( an hour and a half of sitting in the parking lot, seeing the NASTY maids leisurely "cleaning"....I should say standing around....the front desk ladies smoking outside and one maid cleaning the pool), we call back to the front desk to check on our room. We were finally able to check-in almost 2 hours after the check-in time and they did not apologize or act like it was a big deal. The minute we walked into the room we knew we had made a HUGE MISTAKE by staying here. The room was disgusting. The comforter had a huge rip on it. The room smelled awful covered up by maybe some febreeze? After crawling on the floor, my infant daughter's feet and clothing were as black at night!! Our feet and socks were also black from the nastiness of the carpet. We put a "do not disturb" sign on the door and obviously the maids can not read because they were repeatedly knocking on the door. Our last morning there, we went for breakfast at 9:30. Breakfast was suppose to be until 10am but it was already packed up and put away or maybe these lame owners just didn't feel like putting it out. Who knows? I would not let my dog sleep at this motel. It was by far the worst motel experience ever and for $217, I could have stayed at the Eastern Shore Motel in Daphne for over a $100.00 less and would have at least felt clean! Bad, bad, bad! Please, do not read these reviews and try to see for yourself!! Let me save you time, money, and the possiblitly of catching something at the skanky motel. The owners should be embarrassed and the Key West Inn Corporate office should look into letting these people run such a rat hole! Key West Inn in Foley, Al you get a big fat F-!

Room Tip: Book at any other place than this!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Birmingham
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

IT"S SMELLS. Did not take off my shoes, carpet was dirty. The beds, I would not
sleep in, had to sleep on top of the covers. Even worn my clothes.
I did not even brush my teeth, the
water was awlful. The bath tub was dirty, when I took a shower, I still felt dirty.
The office staff would tell you the rooms are great, please check them out first.
I wish we did. $65.00 was not worth it. I would rate this hotel a class 0

Room Tip: Comfort inn behind this hotel. Please use it, spend the extra $10.00, you will be glad you did. A...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Super 8? Share your experiences!