“Good hotel but loud frogs” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Foley
Lake Charles, Louisiana
“Good hotel but loud frogs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself is great. Clean, nice rooms. But I'm really surprised I didn't read more reviews about the frogs. The hotel has a reservoir in the back full of frogs. I have never heard frogs that loud. We could even hear them in our room. They probably aren't as big a problem in rooms on the other side of the hotel. But we were on the back side right next to the reservoir. I'm not sure there's anything that could be done about them but it was really too loud to be comfortable. The room and hotel were awesome other than that.

• Stayed May 2014
Dennis L, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Nicole,
Thank you for the wonderful review. This is the first I've heard of the frog issue. We have already begun looking into a solution for the frogs as this is the first I've heard of it. I hope that next time you are in the area that you can stay with us again!

Thanks again,

Dennis L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

This hotel is very clean and has a great staff. I will always appreciate them. Even helped me get my stuff to my room and back into my vehicle after my stay. THE PLACE TO STAY!! (Also located by great shopping and dining) Thanks from my family for taking good care of us for a week and a half.

• Stayed May 2014
Dennis L, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
It was our pleasure to assist you on your stay here. We greatly appreciate your review. I will be sure to acknowledge my staff on the great work they've done for you. Please come back and stay with us again. Take care. and good luck with your new home!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

Wow! To be honest, I didn't have very high expectations, but this place blew me away! Rooms are super clean, service was good, the location is great, and of course, the prices are just right (even for the jacuzzi rooms). Safe to say I'll never stay anywhere else when I visit the Gulf Shores/Foley area!

• Stayed February 2014
Dennis L, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Jeff,

Thank you kind sir! It's our pleasure to bring you and all our guests the best possible experience while visiting the area and spending your time with us. We truly hope to see you again the next time you are down on either business or vacation time.
Kernersville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

First time in alabama and stayed at econolodge. Big mistake. Was in town for a loved ones passing. The room was nasty with bugs in room and bathroom and carpet in room was dirty. Second day we left the do not disturb placard but they came in our room anyway making our bed and vacuuming our carpet. They replaced the covers with even nastier sheets which looked like someone had sex on them and it was still wet! Way to tired to complain that night but did in the morning but the manager only said sorry..... will never stay at an econolodge again! Will pay more next time!

• Stayed April 2014
Dennis L, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
I'm taken aback by the experience you had here while at our property. This is the first I have heard of it and I'm already looking into this complaint personally. This is no where near the standard that we uphold here. If you don't mind giving me a call at your convenience I would like to get some details from you.

My apologies,
Dennis
Killen, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Horrible experience. We had two rooms and both of the showers were so dirty that no one would dare take a shower. Our air conditioner rattled like it was going to come apart and the overall hotel was dirty. We had booked for two nights but cancelled the second night. We had no problem getting the refund but the manager didn't seem all that surprised that we didn't want to stay there another night. Terrible.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dennis L, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Brian,

Dennis Linner
GM
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
251-943-9100
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

We stayed three nights and were pleased with the service, breakfast, and kindness. We dealt mostly with the manager, Dennis, and our housekeeper, Ruth, both of whom were very pleasant and accommodating.

• Stayed March 2014
It was my pleasure to make your stay here as pleasant as possible. Your review is greatly appreciated and I'll be sure to let Mrs. Ruth know of your appreciation on the job she did for you. please come back and stay with us again.
Abita Springs, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Stayed for two nights on 11/10/13 & 11/12/13. Hotel was very clean and grounds well maintained. Room with two queen beds, very clean, even with extra pillows. Room came equipped with microwave, refrigerator, and coffee brewer. Front staff was very courteous and friendly and check in was a breeze. Continental breakfast was pretty good with waffles, scrambled eggs and sausage links. plus cereals, fruit, and yogart. Also had several kinds of pastries. Breakfast area very clean and attendant very friendly. Stay was very comforting and hotel was right across from shopping mall, attractions, and numerous resturaunts, including Lambert's, "Home of the throwed roll." Short drive to beach. Would stay here again on next visit to Gulf Shores area. Price per night was also very reasonable. Much cheaper than in staying in Gulf Shores itself.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
We greatly appreciate your review! I'm excited to tell my staff about the awesome job they did to make your stay here as pleasant as possible. It was our pleasure to assist you as best as we can and we look forward to your stay with us again.

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!