“Nice stay-"Meg" at the front desk was awesome!” 4 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Foley
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Portland, Maine
“Nice stay-"Meg" at the front desk was awesome!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

This was a very nice hotel .... relatively new I think.
Beware though...many families with kids. If you are traveling for business like I was, ask for an end room.
Meg at the desk went above and beyond to make my stay pleasant.
She was curteous, pleasant, and very efficient.
My room only had a square table...no work desk. That was a bummer.
There was a new hotel being built across the street.
It is located near (But not too close to) a busy road with lots of restaurants
This property was very clean. The lobby was very spacious.
I would stay again!
: -)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Columbia, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My daughters and I stayed two nights in March and we loved it! The room, breakfast room and overall hotel was very clean! As we were checking out, one of the cleaning ladies stopped us because we had left something in our room, so that was very nice and thoughtful of her! We were on a shopping trip to Tanger outlet mall, and this hotel is perfect location for that. It sets right behind the Cracker Barrel, so was good to eat there our first night. Lamberts and LuLus is also located close by. Our last day we went down to the beach which is not far, so overall location to me was perfect. We will be returning to the little hideaway hotel which is so close to everything, and CLEAN!

Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The family and I stayed at this Holiday Inn in Foley and I must we enjoyed our stay. The only thing I probably was not overall impressed with is customer service, not warm like other hotels we have stayed at. The rooms are extremely nicely decorated and the showers in the bathroom are nice and hot. The breakfast was delicious with a nice variety to choose from, even had a pancake maker that I have never seen before. We stood there looking it over and read the directions and still was looking for the button but if you go there just make sure there is a plate at the end and press ok on the front and it will spit out your pancake, no mix needed to pour in there. Told my children I wanted one for the house. They are big on cleanliness which I appreciate. The gentleman was cleaning the elevator walls wiping away finger prints. I would stay here again. Pool is also warm and outdoors and my children and mom stayed in it when we were not at the beach. It is also very convenient to the beach and not right on the beach but we did not miss not being on the beach as we were close enough. This location is close to the Tanger outlet and lots of restaurants to choose from. As others have said it is behind the cracker barrel so if you pass cracker barrel you have gone too far. You have to turn like you are going to cracker barrel (GPS took us there without any problems). Also there are some activities along the stretch for the the children to enjoy. Oh as far as the pillows go they have soft and firm on the beds so look on the pillow covers as it is stitched.

West Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We were in town for a quick weekend softball tournament and stayed here based on the reviews and they were right on target. The place was somewhat pricey at 117 a night but I guess that is the norm, even in the off season. The room was super clean, AC/Heat worked well, the furniture was nice and TV was good. The bed slept great, maybe a little hard but we liked it but they have awful pillows...to soft and not enough of them, bring your own. The breakfast was hot and with standard selection but the staff kept it full and clean and moving. They could stand for a few more tables but no complaints. If I do have a complaint, it would be that the outside noises came through, hall walkers and especially the upstairs residents but hey, it was fine. We would stay here again and the only thing stopping me would be the price.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillows
Brookhaven, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We loved our stay.. The room was clean. The beds slept so good . The staff was very helpful and nice. The breakfast was good just depends on what you like. The location is great just right across from the outlet mall and a few miles from the beach and just across from the restaurant Lamberts. Would have loved to been able to stayed longer.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Houma, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

First, as others have said, it is hard to find if you are not looking for it. It is directly behind the Cracker Barrel and there is no lite up sign along the highway for night travelers. Even though I knew it was set back, we still missed it and had to turn around.

This is a new hotel and it definitely shows. Everything is open and very clean. The hotel was nicely proportioned for a regular room with 2 (truly)queen beds. The beds were fluffy and comfortable. I appreciated that all the rooms had a microwave and mini fridge in them. The bathroom was clean and comfortable size. The only complaints/picking is that there is no vent so the bathroom steamed quickly and a second person could not use the mirror and there was no magnified mirror in the bathroom. Breakfast was fine. Typical pastries, fruit, etc. The only problem was they were out of caffeinated coffee and the lady at the front desk didn't seem to care. She said "Well are they all out?" When I informed her only decaf was left, she just walked away and it was never refilled for the 10 minutes I waited.

Overall, nice size, clean, modern room with usual amenities. No reason why I wouldn't stay here again on my next shopping trip to Foley.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Foley, for one night, on 12/29/12. The hotel is very clean and the staff extremely friendly and efficient. If I am not mistaken, I was greeted by Stephanie when I checked in. She was so accommodating, which was so nice of her, as she was the only one working during a somewhat busy time of day. I called for an early check in and luckily, they had a room available for me. The rooms are very spacious, updated and clean. I don't think I expected it to be so nice! The bed was very comfortable as well, I slept great.

It is very conveniently located to the outlet mall in Foley which is really great. And it's directly behind a Cracker Barrel so it's a good way to spot the hotel, as it's set back off of the street. It's about a 15 minute drive down to Gulf Shores, on a good day, with very little traffic.

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Foley? Share your experiences!