“Yum!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 130 Restaurants in Florence
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Families with children, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Hoover, Alabama
“Yum!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

This restarant is always a must eat when we are in Florence. Especially love the bread and olive oil dip. This is the second time I've ordered the chicken marsala. It was a bit overcooked but still good. Our service was great!

Visited May 2013

Birmingham, AL
“Forgot to take picture”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Yes, I forgot to take some photos for readers. The location is in historic downtown. Florence downtown is antebellum but still humming with stores and shopping and dining. A big reason for that is, I would assume, the beautiful campus of UNA about 3 blocks away. The service was attentive. We had chicken Parmesan, ravioli, and shrimp. I had the shrimp. It was very lightly breaded and then grilled on wood fire. It was very different from other shrimp dishes I've had, and a delicious departure. My daughter had the ravioli. I tried a bite. It was very good, but I don't eat cheese, so only had a small bite. But it had a creamy tomato sauce, sweet tasting. We had cheesecake for dessert with berries and chocolate sauce. Really, it was some of the best cheesecake I've had.
The salad was fresh and chilled. The waitress kept my glass of coca cola filled. What else could we want?

Chesterfield, Michigan
“Best Alfredo Dishes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've been to this restaurant several times now, and I've never been disappointed. I had the chicken Alfredo with peas and fresh mushrooms, and it was as good as I remembered it to be. The only complaint I had was that there were not enough noodles with the lunch size portion I ordered. When I asked for more the server said they would have to charge me for them, so I opted not to do so. Otherwise, a great experience and wonderful food.

Owls Head, Maine
“Delicious dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were so happy we found this place! We loved the delicious bread, served in a bag, with the olive oil and fabulous spices - so much so, that we bought a case of the spices to bring home for friends. The shrimp in sauce dinner, with fresh tomato pasta was excellent, so good in fact that we came back two nights later and had the same thing! It's a bit on the noisy side but we had a booth by the windows each night and that helped.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Los Angeles, California
“I love it every time.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Ricatoni's is my must go-to restaurant on my visits to Florence.

Every thing I have ordered there over the years, which is most everything, has been nothing but good, and much more than adequate.

They drinks are always decent, and if you are friendly, for some reason the drinks seem better.

The only thing I have ever not really been a major fan of is the pizza with anchovies. I like my anchovies a little less wet on a pizza. However, this is a very minor issue, as most people don't even like that.

The lasagna is insane. You can also order it with cheese melted on top. It's a heart attack waiting to happen, and it is a most welcome heart attack given the goodness.

A friend of mine always orders the grilled chicken salad, and I am not a fan of salads, and I want to eat what he orders!

The bloody Mary's are excellent. I really don't like their sweet and sour mix in some of their drinks, it's a bit astringent and limey.