“Summer Fun” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Florence
Phoenix, Arizona
“Summer Fun”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

We stayed at the Knights Inn for a weekend . To enjoy their pool with our children before school started. We had relaxing stay . The property is older and there was some construction going on ,that was a little noisey during the day. But they were renovating at the time . Our room did have a new bedspread and pillows and flat screen tv. However there was no breakfast , only coffee in the lobby. The staff was very friendly and we enjoyed our stay . We will return if ever in the area again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed one night at the "Knights Lodge". It took three attempts making a key-card that successfully permitted entry to the room that evening. The room smelled stale like an old, old empty house. Microwave wouldn't even open due to something that had obviously burned in it. The refrigerator door would not close properly, it was a minor contributor to the room's bad smell, and the icebox was clad very thickly with ice. Bed had no fitted sheet and we questioned if it had even been changed as there was a lipstick stain on a pillowcase. One of the bed-side lamps were out but the lady at the front desk gave me another light bulb. After replacing the light bulb, the lamp still would not turn on - either a faulty connection or a bad switch. Sat down on one side of king size bed and it sounded like it went to the floor. Had to crawl in bed from the foot of the bed. Husband hit his shin on a bed slat that was protruding significantly from the bed on his side. We tried, to no avail, lifting the mattress in order to slide the slat back into place. We finally placed a chair beside the bed to protect us from the errant slat. The bed didn't creak every time we moved, it made a cracking sound - much like a large tree limb breaking. At 4am his leg was still hurting and we thought he might need to see a doctor. He wanted to leave at 4am but we stuck it out. Had we put a sheet on the ground outside it would have been a better night. The ladies at the registration desk. were courteous and helpful, although limited in resources. There was no "continental breakfast - Only coffee - no juice in shabby looking kitchen. Upon returning to our room to load our things to our vehicle, the key-card that had worked the night before no longer worked. The lady at the front desk brought us three more Key-cards. Only one of those worked. Horrible experience never to be repeated and BBB and Florence Heath Department will be notified.

Room Tip: We strongly recommend not staying here. Wish we had made photos.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Marble, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I would not wish for my worst enemy to stay at this motel! I ask for a non smoking room and was given a room that reeked of smoke and alcohol. The table was broke, one of the beds were broke, the tv would not turn on, The lamp shade was broke and busted. the wall paper was coming off the wall and it looked like it had mold on it. The carpet was stained up and would turn your feet black if you took off your shoes. the bed were very lumpy. This is the WORST motel I have ever stayed at in my life. This place needs to shut down or clean up there act. Plus on top of everything else the person in the next room had dogs that barked all night long and would not shut up so you could sleep.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
El Paso, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

The place has gone down hill from a few years ago. I use to work here and at that time it was a great place to stay. Yes, maybe the management took out the carpet and put hardwood floors and granite in the showers but still needs lots of help. I stayed in one of the rooms that use to be special to our guest, and oh boy it has turned out bad. This is what the manage needs to do: Get all new bedspreads, better wifi, new mattress, change the furniture in the front office that has been there for years, and also get new furniture for all the rooms. With all the new places to stay in Florence, look forward on this place closing down soon.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Roswell, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Let me start by saying the first review I submitted was so bad and my comments so explicit that it was denied by TripAdvisor. Here is my re-write:

Avoid this hotel it at all costs. Sleep in your car if you have to.

This hotel is by far the worst hotel I have stayed in at any point in the past 20 years. The rooms are incredibly dated and reek terribly of heavy, heavy smoke, even the non-smoking rooms. The beds are little more than an old mattress covered with a couple of sheets (not even a fitted sheet) and a thin, brown, cigarette burned blanket (that is assuming you have already removed the comforter). The walls were stained light brown in several places from some sort of leak from above. The floor is not wood as was shown in some photos here but is old carpet; a dark green and beyond dirty, matted and worn out carpet. There are small extension cords, running along baseboards serving damaged and stained lamps. One of the lamps was falling off the wall. The bathroom reminds me of a gas station bathroom with a shower. The toilet seat had a large brown stain on the underside. Tile grout on the floor was stained a mix of white (like caked up toothpaste), and oily brown to black from various things expelled or spilled over the years. I did not touch the microwave and fridge but if I did it would certainly be with a couple of layers of kleenex/toilet paper. The anti-slip mat on floor of the tub was coming unglued and held water from previous visitors. Overall it was a horribly terrible visit and I would not stay here again. Ever.

I'm not a health code inspector, but I would imagine there are health code violations associated with this property.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for the Trail of Tears ride in September. Check in was ok, staff friendly. When I got the credit card receipt and saw $95 bucks I was shocked! Ok they jack the rates up for an event time. It happens. But the room we were assigned wasn't worth 10 bucks! Nasty. We changed, a little better but still not clean. So we are with a big group and they were put in the few rooms that are remodeled and they are ok. So my wife talks them down to normal rate ( $47). I could live with that. They are working on it, maybe it will get better.

• Stayed September 2013
Huntsville, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I know you get what you pay for, but I had stayed at this property several years back, so I thought it would be ok... well, it has most definitely gone down hill since then... I felt robbed paying $56 for the night! Thank God we did not have to stay there longer than that... and I can't imagine if we'd had our 2 year old daughter with us. I would never have brought my daughter into that cesspool! But there were some children staying there, or at least sneaking into the pool.

When we first arrived, the staff was friendly. However, their attitude somewhat declined with just a few questions/complaints. First, my husband noticed that there was a coffee maker, but no pot, coffee, or any other items needed to make coffee in the rooms. He went to the front desk to ask, and they said they didn't have anything, but he could get coffee from the office. While he was gone that first time, I looked around a bit... it seemed clean enough at first glance... but this was mostly due to the lack of lighting... I did notice the microwave & fridge were stained and grimey on the outside. However, the insides were clear and clean. Next, my husband couldn't get the remote to work with the tv. It was an old box tv... guess they aren't upgrading to flat screens. So, he went back to the office. They gave him a new remote and some illegibly scratched out directions on a post-it for how to program it to the tv. When he still couldn't get it to work, he called to ask if he'd done it right. The lady at the front desk was rude and talked down to him, but finally gave him enough information to get it to work.

We left to have dinner with some friends and when we came back, I turned on the lights over the sink. That's when I noticed how stained the carpets really were... the little lamps in the room barely lit up anything, but after seeing with the ugly florescent lighting, I wasn't taking my shoes off in there. We stayed the night, because it was late, and it was a holiday weekend, so we didn't want to fuss with finding another hotel with availability.

The next morning I went to get a shower and realized that the shower curtain was not tied back as I had thought when we arrived, but actually was so covered in mildew it had stuck together in a clump at the bottom. I took a shower (in my flip flops) with the shower curtain open, so I didn't have to touch the slime. This place is just not fit for anything! I will never stay at the Knights Inn in Florence, AL again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Knights Inn Florence? Share your experiences!