“Excellent Hotel with Excellent staff.” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2281 Florence Blvd, Florence, AL 35630   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Florence
Clarksville, Tennessee
“Excellent Hotel with Excellent staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Thomas Schmaus was front desk manager who was extremely polite, friendly and knowledgeable regarding accommodations. I also interacted with Tevin and Brittany. Super staff members. The hotel was immaculate, bedding superb, a/c great and nice and quiet. This is one of the better hotels in Florence and we will definitely be back. It is a wonderful location; easily accessible to restaurants and shopping, etc. The breakfast was hot and plentiful. You couldn't ask for a better overnight stay. Will be back!

Room Tip: Entire hotel is nice and quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Drew R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Florence-Midtown, responded to this review, September 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at the Hampton Inn Florence-Midtown. I am ecstatic that you found our hotel to be immaculate and one of the better hotels in the area. Thank you for mentioning the accessibility to the restaurants and shopping.
We’re looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel for another wonderful overnight stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Dallas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Had to wait to check in because Mgmt only had ONE PERSON working at the hotel on a Saturday night when the hotel was full. Ridiculous. The front desk person got called away because she had to take care of a guest in the hotel. The result, people wait to check in.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your response regarding your stay at the Hampton Inn Florence-Midtown. We appreciate all feedback, good and not so good, so that we can make positive changes that will help make our guest experience better.
I want to apologize that you had to wait to check in due to the guest service agent getting called away from the desk. You should not have had to wait and that was our fault. We will take this review and learn from it so that we do not have the same problems in the future. We hope that you will give a second chance to “WOW” if you should ever be back in the Florence Alabama area.
Nashville, TN, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We have stayed here several times. The accommodations are always clean, and service is always good. The free breakfast is above average. Location is easy to get to, and there is sufficient free parking. There is a gas station/convenience store next door, which is not too close to the hotel, but you can get to it without getting out on the main street, and that's handy.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the TripAdvisor review, your feedback is appreciated. I am so happy that you have chosen to stay with us during your several visits to the Florence Alabama area. We're thrilled that you enjoy the accomodations and that you have had pleasant staff interactions. Thank you for mentioning the gas station/convience store right next door, we enjoy that our guests do not have to go far to fill up on gas or to find snacks.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hampton Inn Florence-Midtown during on of your many future visits.
New Jersey USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We were in town for the WC Handy music festival for 3 nights and had a great stay. We had a king room with jacuzzi tub. Very comfortable bed plus microwave and mini fridge. I waited until the last day to use the jacuzzi tub and was sorry I only got to use it once! I liked the makeup remover pads among the bathroom toiletries. The breakfast was good and they also provide a "grab and go" bag if you don't have time or interest in sitting down for breakfast. The hotel is a short drive into downtown Florence. I did want to use the pool one afternoon but it was full of kids and there did not appear to be any shade so I did not use the pool.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I am happy that you got a chance to come to Florence for the WC Handy festivities. Thank you for mentioning one of our many bathroom ammenities, I'm glad the you got to enjoy them as well as the the jetted tub.
Sorry that you did not get to use the pool during your stay, maybe on your next trip. We look forward to welcoming you back to Florence Alabama for the next WC Handy Fest if not sooner.
Dunwoody, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

This is an older Hampton Inn located east of downtown Florence. The hotel is in average to good condition and the room was good as well. The staff was generally helpful and friendly. Only complaints are that the breakfast was just okay, always seems like Hampton's breakfast could be a lot better with just a few more options, and there was a mosquito in my room that I had to kill. Besides that, the hotel was pretty good. Mainly a good stay and I would stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a response on TripAdvisor, we appreciate all the feedback that we get. I am happy that you found the room to be in good condition and the staff to be helpful. I apologize that you were not thrilled with the Hilton approved breakfast and that you found a mosquito in your room. Hopefully you will give us a second chance if you are ever in the Florence Alabama area in the future.
Florence, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I reserved the room, stayed 3 nights, was double charged and given the run around by the GM when I checked my checking account finding out I was charged INSUF Fees due to Hampton's error. NEVER will I ever stay at this location again. The tv remote didn't work, the breakfast was not good, the maid service did not restock the inroom coffee. HORRIBLE at best!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Drew R, Manager at Hampton Inn Florence-Midtown, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We’re very sorry that your experience at our property wasn’t up to our usual high standards and we apologize for all the inconvenience you experienced. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience.

Drew Richards
Irvington, Ky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I come to Florence fairly often and stayed here many times before the Downtown Hampton was built but had not stayed here for a while. It was clean and well kept. The lovely bedding was great as always at Hampton Inns. The breakfast was good, my housekeeper, Siegre, was lovely and very helpful. My only complaint was the uncomfortable seating. I stay in a King Study because I like comfortable seating. The sofa was one of the most uncomfortable seats I have ever seen. I could not figure out what was wrong with it, when I sat back on it, my feet would not touch the floor and and I am 5'6. The desk chair also had a problem. This is the only reason, I did not give it a 5 star. The Downtown location is nicer and a little more pricey.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Tripadvisor community. We appreciate all feedback, good and not so good. Overall it seemed that your stay was pleasant from your breakfast experience to your staff interactions, thank you for mentioning Seigrid, she is a great member of our staff. With regards to your seating experiences in the guest room, I would like to apologize for the lack of comfort on both the sofa and desk chair. We will certainly look into what could have caused the the lack of comfort. I do hope that you will give us another try when your in the Florence area again, we would love to have you back.

Been to Hampton Inn Florence-Midtown? Share your experiences!