“Relatively new but will be around for a long time.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: next door to Rigatonies
Florence, Alabama, United States
“Relatively new but will be around for a long time.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Upscale ambience but not stuffy. Jazz bruch on the Sunday I was last there Especially nice is the second floor seating by the roll-up doors overlooking downtown Florence on a pleasant day or night. Al fresco eating inside. Menu is eclectic and excellent. my favorite is the crab cake sandwich.

Visited November 2013

Florence, Alabama
“Kind of an addition to Ricatoni's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Good food, great atmosphere, friendly staff and owner. They accommodate small to large groups. The service is prompt and friendly, even though the servers have to carry the food up some pretty steep steps. The only suggestion I'd make is an elevator!

Visited December 2012
Florence, AL
“Great Date”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

A Sunday night date with my husband took us to City Hardware. Such a great choice! If you enjoy scotch, don't miss the Rusty Nail! We enjoyed the bread with garlic butter while we perused the menu. I chose the grilled pork chops. Delicious! Especially the brussel sprouts! Although the caramelized onion mashed potatoes are a perfect complement!

Apple Valley, Minnesota
“Good late night stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Good beer selection, very good for steak, seafood and burgers. Reasonably priced and relaxed bar atmosphere. Friendly, attentive staff.

Visited November 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
“So good we ate there twice in one day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We got into town on a Saturday, ready for a late lunch. Our hotel recommended a few options, one of which was City Hardware. When we arrived, most of the tables were wrapping up lunch, but this did not affect our service at all. We were seated upstairs near the bar, and Lauren was our server. She took great care of us. My husband raved about his salmon, and my shrimp and grits were delicious as well. Since we had such a tasty lunch, we decided to return to City Hardware that evening to watch football at the bar. For dinner, we started with spinach and artichoke dip. The dip was average, but the flatbread chips are wonderful. Then I had the red, white, and blue salad, which was one of the better salads I've ever had. Everything was so fresh and the dressing is unbelievably tasty. My husband had sushi and enjoyed it, too. We finished off with a shared dessert of the cast-iron chocolate chip cookie. It's such a simple dish, but so, so yummy. It does not disappoint. We enjoyed talking to our bartender throughout the night, too. The staff here is really top-notch.

I would absolutely recommend City Hardware for the fantastic food and friendly service. We will definitely visit when we are in the Florence area again.

• Visited October 2013