“River Heritage Park in Florence, AL is terrific for kids in the summer!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of River Heritage Park

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 19 attractions in Florence
Type: Parks
Attraction Details
“River Heritage Park in Florence, AL is terrific for kids in the summer!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

We really loved visiting the River Heritage Park this summer. My child is 3 so the nearby park was really fun for her to explore and play on, but the "splash pad" was incredible and would be great for even teenaged children. It was a 'cool' 90 degrees when we were there this August, but my child loved cooling off in the splash pad and I enjoyed the music and the view of the dam and river. They play music from the surround speaker/towers and the water goes up and down with the tempo-delightful for children! It is also free so that made it especially fun for me. ;) There is not a lot of shade for the parents, but we were only there 45 mins and that was okay. I plan on returning to the area soon, but will probably wait for May so that we can have this on our list of things to do for the young one.