“Great Food” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Dale's Steakhouse
1001 Mitchell Blvd, Florence, AL 35630-6125 (Formerly Dale's Restaurant)
256-766-4961
Dining options: Reservations
Tupelo, Mississippi
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

The steaks were terrific and the waiters were all very eager to accommodate. They have a large wine list to choose from. The atmosphere is also very good and the night were were there the restaurant was crowded.

Visited December 2013

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Everything about Dale's Steakhouse was exceptional. The decor, the service,and definitely the food were outstanding. The steak filet with bleu cheese and asparagus was the best I have eaten.
The carrot was delicious and huge!!! I would sincerely recommend eating there.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Huntsville, Alabama
“Best meal in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

The steaks, sides, appetizers and ambiance are the best in town! I love the new Dale's! The meat that they use is exceptional and the chef frequently comes out to ask "how was your steak?" This is an exceptionally well-managed establishment where the employees genuinely care about both the quality of the product and service. The new Dale's has now surpassed George's in my book!

Tuscumbia, Alabama
“Under new ownership and remodeled.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Dales reopened recently under new ownership and after some remodeling. I had the best prime rib I've ever had the other night. I've always gone to J Alexander's for prime rib but Dale's beats them hands down.

Service was a tad spotty, I think our server was new to the job. Hopefully that will improve in the future, sitting and waiting for butter while your bread cools is annoying, as was waiting for sweetner for the coffee (there was none on any of the tables). And a few other minor things.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Louisville, Ohio
“Mixed feeling - Good food but pricy and horrible lighting...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We took customers to dinner at Dale's.
The good: Everyone enjoyed their meals.
Appetizers:
The Seared Filet Mignon Tips on grits were very tender and tasty! Everyone in our party loved these!
The Smoked Salmon was served cold with toast and a sauce. I thought the salmon had a great smoked taste, but others did not enjoy it as much. (If you like cold smoked salmon, I would suggest this appetizer.)
BBQ Shrimp and Grits and Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail were also ordered and others finished both of these appetizers so I assume they were also tasty.
Salad Bar: The Salad Bar was clean and had fresh items. I would suggest this as an addition to the main course.
Finally, I ordered the Filet Mignon, 8 oz cut medium. The filet was very tender and tasty. One of the better filets I have had.

The Bad:
The lobby was very dark. With the sun shining outside, it took a minute to adjust to the low light in the lobby after entering the front door. I would suggest adjusting lighting in the lobby depending on outside conditions. (Brighter lobby when the sun is shining...)
The dining area was lighted very poorly. The lights act as spot lights, so half of our table was in the dark, and the other half had spotlights shining down from above. Changing the lighting to more of a flood light setup would be a great improvement. Perhaps the use of diffusers on the existing lights would also be an improvement.
Pricing: The items here are very expensive and are more in line with prices in a big city rather than a smaller city in northern Alabama.
Our customers also mentioned Dale's previously had an appetizer sampler platter that is no longer being offered. Our customers were disappointed about this.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere