“Great Choice fir "normal food"” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #38 of 87 Restaurants in Fairhope
Cuisines: American
Tuscaloosa
“Great Choice fir "normal food"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

You know how you've been traveling, been at a resort, eaten lots of different food, exotic and not so exotic drinks? Well in Fairhope as we were leaving The Grand at Point Clear we happened upon a diner that had the best HOME COOKED food. Yes, like Grandmama made. The best fried chicken, my husband had fried pork chop all with home cooked local produce! Delicious! The breakfast menu looked good as well. I will return

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Fairhope, Alabama
“Best Breakfast outside of New Orleans.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Cajun Eggs Benedict. Say it out loud; Cajun Eggs Benedict. A crab cake served on a biscuit with a [poached egg topped with a Cajun Sauce that will make you slap your Mama. Served with the breakfast potatoes (Or Grits) it is the best outside of the Debris Eggs Benedict at Pierre Maspero's in NOLA.

Visited April 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Below Expectation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

If this is considered one of Fairhope's best breakfast places - as we were told by a couple fo people, I question their taste.
The breakfast food from my amateur kitchen is "home cooking", too, but comes with a whole lot more atmosphere and less grease.

Visited July 2013
“Not a return to place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We went for breakfast and arrived 10 min before 11 and we ordered breakfast "deluxe" which is 1 buttermilk pancake, 2 eggs, meat choice, grits or potatoes and toast or biscuit. Our order was taken quickly, and our 1.98 ea. coffee delivered quickly. The food was prepared quickly and this is where the disappointment started:
Pancakes tasted like grease, no other flavor detectable, my sausage was some sort of polish type split, fried, dripping with grease and the small bite I tried was very salty and greasy. My poached medium eggs tasted sour as if poached in a vinegar water. I only had one bite. The grits were ok, prepared with pepper in the kitchen. My whole wheat toast was the only item on my plate I ate. During breakfast we were never checked on or offered coffee refills. Just as we were getting ready to leave we were asked if we wanted coffee. At the register we were asked if it was OK. My husband being polite said it was OK, I was quiet.
I cannot recommend this place based on good food or service!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Fairhope, Alabama
“Very good Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

The atmosphere is lacking a little, but the brunch is very good, as is the service. I recommend sitting toward the back, as the front gets crowded and noisy.

Visited July 2013