“A pleasant surprise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Fairhope
Auburn, Alabama
“A pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

reviews have been inconsistent on this facility, but I cannot see why at this point. Our stay was great - our room was comfortable and quiet, even lovely. Towels were plush and like new. Staff was pleasant, breakfast adequate. The whole place looked clean and neat. Would be happy to stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Holly Springs, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

My family (wife and 2 boys ages 7 & 4) stayed here on June 19th as a stop over on the way to the beach for a vacation. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice this hotel was. The location is in a very safe area, rooms were nicely appointed and clean, breakfast was very good, free Wi-Fi, nice pool area. I was concerned when we found our room to be directly across from the elevation but we heard no noise at all from it. I would definitely recommend a stay at this hotel. On our next trip to the cost we will plan to stop here too. Only minutes from Foley and Gulf Shores.

Room Tip: Stay on the second floor in the new addition. And as always, ask to be away from the elevator and i...
Raymond, Ms
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

My family and friend stayed here from june 23-27 , check in was a breeze and the lady at the front desk was top notch super friendly and very helpful as was the housekeeping staff. They offer a nice hot breakfast which included: eggs, sausage, pancakes, fruit, mini muffins ,biscuits and also cereal and on some mornings they had biscuits with sausage gravy as well. Our room was very nice size and clean and did not smell of smoke. We would definitely stay here again.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

Check in Staff was friendly, outer appearance overall was nice, room had a musty and damp smell and feel. Since I was very tired I did a quick bed check and slept. Upon waking, room and furniture was dated, shower had mold on the upper walls and ceiling, big stains on the wall by the sink and mirror. I hung the "do not disturb" sign on the door since check out was noon, for a little extra sleep, 10:30am house keeping woke me to clean the room. Needless to say "Very DISAPPOINTED"! I was on the understanding this property had been renovated, I guess I expected more since it was a H.I.E.

• Stayed June 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairhope, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Dear wesley6716,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Fairhope, Alabama.

Orlando A.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

This hotel is a joke. I had issues checking in with a corporate credit card. The pool was neglected and dirty. The exterior doors to the building I was staying in were never locked. My room was not clean and all the bed linens were in need of replacing. The roof leaked. I will never under any circumstance stay here again. I wouldn't pay twenty dollars a night to stay there.

• Stayed June 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairhope, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear 20879,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Fairhope.

I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion, my apologies for any inconvenience or discomfort. We are continually reviewing the products and service we provide, therefore guest feedback is very important to us.

I do hope that if your travel plans do bring you to the area in the future, you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Katie J
Munford, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

My husband and I spend 7 days in this hotel end of May to 2 June 2012. Wonderful hotel, hot breakfast each morning, couldn't ask for a better place to stay. Staff excellent.

Room Tip: We were put in the new section, very nice, very quiet..................loved our stay
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Was in Fairhope to attend a wedding & stayed two nights in this hotel. The rooms smelled, had not been cleaned properly, and were in bad need of updating. I would not stay there again. The staff we encountered was helpful & very courteous.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairhope, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Dear joypayne,

Thank you for taking time to post your comments. I am glad you found our staff helpful and courteous. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. I apologize if we fell below your expectations on this day.

We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Pam G.
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Fairhope? Share your experiences!