“Treat yourself!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Fairhope, Alabama
“Treat yourself!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

Nice, small town bistro. Everything we ordered was excellent from presentation, to service and taste. Will be back.

Norfolk, VA
“Amazing Food, Friendly People”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

While walking the town of Fairhope we were waved in by a friendly man asking if we'd like a sample of Crawfish Gravy. I had no idea what I was in for because it was amazing! We had both the Crawfish Gravy and Gumbo and loved them both. I had them freeze a couple of containers so that I could take them home with me. Fantastic!! I can't wait to go back.

Visited April 2012
New orleans
“A touch of Europe and New Orleans on the eastern Shore of Mobile Bay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

My wife, daughter, and I had a most enjoyable lunch at R Bistro. The cuisine reflects the traditions in New Orleans and South Louisiana, and yet it seems to possess an independent spirit about its dishes and their preparation. We had crab cakes, croque monsieur, and the crawfish gravy (good but not as subtle as it could be). The pastries are nicely done with delicately flaky crusts. The atmosphere is that of an intimate bistro one would find in Paris' 17th arrondissement. Our waiter was helpful and courteous. The bistro sits among many shops, galleries, and restaurants in this charming bayside town.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Montgomery, Alabama
“Peanut Butter Pie BEST EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

We ate gumbo around the corner at the Gumbo Shack and were lured into this place by the desserts in the window. Once inside my husband got a piece of carrot cake and my daughter got a slice of peanut butter pie. The carrot cake was very good with visible pieces of carrot, very moist. But I'm telling you, that peanut butter pie was the bomb! I had a traveling fork, and my daughter fought me for the majority of it, and this kid doesn't even eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I'd LOVE the recipe.

• Visited March 2012
Milton, Florida
“It Will Blow You Away!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

At first we were a bit 'iffy' about the place, as it is rather small. As my wife and I were doing the awkward 'look-over-the-menu-because-we're-not-sure', the waitress/hostess asked me if I would like to try some of their amazing craw fish gravy. Not one to give up a free sample, I said sure. I have never had craw fish before, and the thought of it wasn't very appealing, but I'll try anything once. Needless to say, my wife and I were TOTALLY blown away by the taste of it! I couldn't get my butt to the table fast enough. I wound up having the grits and shrimp smothered in craw fish gravy, and it was out of this world. My wife had the salmon burger, which was incredibly fresh and tasted AMAZING! I live just over an hour away from Fairhope, but would drive all the way there just for this restaurant. I give it an 11 out of 10!

• Visited February 2012