“Short business trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Point Clear Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fairhope
Point Clear Cottages
You added Point Clear Cottages to your Saves list
18129 Scenic Highway 98, Fairhope, AL 36532   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Fairhope B&B and Inns
Seattle
“Short business trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I spent 2 nights at Point Clear Cottages. The atmosphere was quiet and relaxing. I spent a morning working a the end of the pier with a gentle cool breeze. Breakfast was great - 1) pecan waffles, 2) spotted trout and grits with great coffee.

The room was quiet and comfortable stocked with orange juice and ice-cream.

Everyone made me feel welcome and valued.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
RBerglin, Owner at Point Clear Cottages, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Tom, Thanks for the review on Tripadvisor.com I am glad that you stayed at Point Clear Cottages and enjoyed your trip to the Eastern Shore of Mobile Bay. I hope that you can return in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Apalachicola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

The best nights stay I have had in many years. Delightful attentive staff; beautiful gardens and pond area; a dock complete with a kitchen and eating area for evening sunsets. My room was quite large and the temperpedic mattress was scrumptious.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Donna, Thanks for the great review. I enjoyed meeting and visiting with you and hope that you will return in the future.
Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Our stay at Point Clear Cottges was one of the best I have had. The accommodations are excellent, and Robert is the perfect host. Both units are very attractive, private, and the attention we received cannot be beat. They definitely aim to please and go out of their way to accomplish this!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
RBerglin, Owner at Point Clear Cottages, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
I am glad that you and your friends stayed at Point Clear Cottages and visited Fairhope for your get together. Thank you for the great review. I hope that you will come again in 2013!
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I have been coming to Point Clear Cottages since 2006. The reason that I keep returning quite franly is that I love it here. Robert is very hospitable. His staff is very friendly and helpful. The rentals are comfortable and nicely appointed. Breakfasts served on the pier, weather permitting is fabulous. This year I stayed for a full week. I like to sit on the pier and read, watch the water, contemplate and perhaps doze. I will be back. Jim, Savannah, GA

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Jim, Thank you for staying the week at Point Clear Cottages. I appreciate the review and look forward to you coming again in 2013! I am glad that you had a great time.
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We spent two nights in the Bayshore Cottage. While I didn't get a chance to look at the other units, I would recommend the Bayshore Cottage for its privacy and charm. The Cottage is immaculate and nicely furnished and decorated, and is stocked with plenty of extras like spa robes, juices and (my favorite) Blue Bell ice cream. We were lucky enough to visit when the weather was right for breakfast overlooking the Bay; the boathouse at the end of the very long dock has a fully functioning kitchen and enough room for all the guests and staff. The hot tub is on a platform with a clear view of the Bay, just right for a late afternoon soak.

We love Fairhope and have visited several times over the past year although this is our first overnighter. It's a delightful little town with plenty of shops, galleries and good eating. Our favorite restaurant was featured on FoodTV's Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives: the Gumbo Shack. Even after shrimp and grits for breakfast at the Cottages, we managed to squeeze in gumbo with crab meat later in the day.

Room Tip: I understand that the Pelicans Rest is more suitable for a long-term stay but the Bayshore Cottage i...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
RBerglin, Owner at Point Clear Cottages, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thanks for the great review and come again soon. I appreciate you taking the time to do the review and look forward to seeing you and your husband in the future. Fairhope will be beautifully decorated for the holiday season. Come see the millions of lights on the trees all over Fairhope.
Crystal River, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

While I suppose Point Clear Cottages is technically a B & B, it is so much more. It's truly Southern hospitality at its best. The service was impeccable, whether from Mr. B or his staff. Clearly, it's their mission to provide each guest with a memorable visit. Two college friends and I spent three nights at PCC. The location is perfect, just minutes away from downtown Fairhope, the best kept secret in Alabama. But if you never left the grounds, you'd be happy. The view of Mobile Bay is spectacular and Robert's pier is, no doubt, unmatched. We were lucky enough to have breakfast on the pier on a splendid October morning. The table was set on a par with a 5-star restaurant and we had pecan waffles, fresh fruit, bacon, sausage, coffee and juice. If we had wanted anything else, Mr. Berglin would have jumped in the car and gone to get it. He's an extraordinary host and gentleman, eager to share his knowledge of local history. The cottages were so attractive and as well-equipped as one's own home. Amenities abounded. I would love to return one day with my husband, or again with my friends. Don't miss this! Thanks, Mr. B! Jan from Florida

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Jan, Thank you for the great review and heading, "A Southern
Treasure." I appreciate you and your friends staying here and it is my goal that everyone leave with a positive experience and return again. Thank you very much and come back again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

The Services is beyond great and breakfast of shrimp and grits and crabmeat omelets make this an unbelievable bargain!! So glad I found this place! Robert and his staff go out of their way to please! This is better than any 5 star hotel!!!!

• Stayed October 2012
RBerglin, Owner at Point Clear Cottages, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Jan, Thank you for the great review.I look forward to seeing you in the future. I am so glad that you and Dan enjoyed the visit at Point Clear Cottages.

Been to Point Clear Cottages? Share your experiences!