“Charming Point Clear Cottages” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Point Clear Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fairhope
Point Clear Cottages
You added Point Clear Cottages to your Saves list
18129 Scenic Highway 98, Fairhope, AL 36532   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Fairhope B&B and Inns
Texas, Australia
“Charming Point Clear Cottages”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

My husband and I recently had a wonderful stay at Point Clear Cottages....exceeded all our expectations...beautiful property, gracious host and staff, lovely service. We reserved a cottage for the Spring season before leaving. Fairhope and Point Clear are ever more upscale. The property has a wonderful pier for relaxing on Mobile Bay. Robert is not only an attentive host but is as welcoming as a special, personal friend. Trip Advisor hits the mark perfectly with reviews of Point Clear Cottages. The Burts from Dallas area

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
RBerglin, Owner at Point Clear Cottages, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Don & Mary,
I am so appreciative of the great review and am so happy that you had a wonderful time.
Looking forward to seeing you in the spring. I have ordered a new gas stove for the pier and will be doing breakfast out there soon. Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Camden, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I was looking for a serene getaway on the coast and found so much more than I was expecting. Bayshore Cottage truly has the atmosphere that you remember from visiting a much-loved relative's home. So welcoming and comfortable, with every amenity. Everything is the best it can be, from Blue Bell ice cream in your freezer to Twining's tea by the bed. The cottage is only steps from the water, and there is no human or vehicle traffic to disturb your peace. Breakfast--which is delicious--is served on Mr. Berglin's beautiful glassed-in porch overlooking the bay. Mr. Berglin will treat you like part of his family. I love decorating magazines, so I was given a stack to enjoy out on the pier. This is a lovely and perfectly safe place for any solo traveler, and it is located near the shops of Fairhope, countless outstanding restaurants, and upscale outlet stores. I look forward to returning. Judy

Room Tip: Bayshore Cottage is like a dollhouse for grownups.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
RBerglin, Owner at Point Clear Cottages, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Judy, Thank you so much for the nice review on Tripadvisor.com. I appreciate you staying in the Bayshore Cottage and look forward to seeing you and your daughter next year. The fall is the nicest time on the bay. If you can come back in October or November in weather is perfect. Fairhope will be decorated for Christmas after Thanksgiving and it is a spectacular sight.
Slidell, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Our children sent us to this better than perfect retreat for our anniversary. Point Clear Cottages is a wonderful place to relax and unwind for a romantic weekend. Mr. Robert and his staff are ready to provide friendly service and great food. There are many nice restaurants in the lovely town of Fairhope. However, our most enjoyable time was relaxing at Point Clear.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bruce & Chira, Thank you so much for spening your anniversary at Point Clear Cottages.
I am so glad that you were so pleased with your stay here and look forward to seeing you in the future. Thanks again.
Denham Springs, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Point Clear Cottages was a very good choice for a friends get away. We were looking for a relaxing time just to get away from it all and this place was a very good choice. We would recommend staying here to anyone looking for this type of get away. We will definetly be going back. Mr. Robert and his staff were the best!!! Sherry, Dianne, Ann and Brandi

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
RBerglin, Owner at Point Clear Cottages, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dianne and friends,
Thank you so much for the great review. I am so glad that you all had a good time and I enjoyed meeting all of you. Please come again.
anniston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Point Clear Cottages is without a moment of doubt a great place to spend a few days. Our visit to see family was made complete by staying here. We could not have asked for better service and appreciated every moment of it. As you enter the drive way the beautiful property reaches out to you to include the view to the bay of water. The peaceful feeling you leave with makes you want to return soon. Mr. Berglin and his staff go above and beyond to make you feel welcome. Everything about this special place is just beyond belief.

The Dillards

Room Tip: Cottage was a delight
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
RBerglin, Owner at Point Clear Cottages, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Kay and Bill,
Thank you so much for staying in the Bayshore Cottage on your recent visit with Bill's mother in Fairhope. I appreciate the great review and am so appreciative of your business. Please come again soon.
Picayune, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

My husband and I just returned from celebrating our anniversary at Point Clear Cottages - everything about our stay was absolutely magnificent! Robert Berglin, Owner, is such a wonderful and cordial host! He wanted to make sure that he provided anything that we wanted or needed! We stayed in "Bayshore Cottage" which was absolutely delightful - we loved the front porch with the rocking chairs overlooking Mobile Bay! The cottage was furnished nicely and was very comfortable! I loved having the nice bathrobes to slip into after having a refreshing shower! Every amenity was taken care of; i.e. ice cream in the freezer, every fruit juice that you could imagine, hot tea, cereals - you name it - it was available, and if we didn't have it, Mr. Berglin told us to ask! The bed was very, very comfortable, and I loved the orthopedic pillows - they were fabulous! His staff is outstanding - it was a pleasure getting to know Sharon and Joey! Sharon is a wonderful cook; she prepared the best Shrimp and Grits for breakfast that we have ever had! The second morning, Sharon prepared Crabmeat Omelets - the entire visit to Point Clear Cottages was outstanding - I highly recommend it, and we will return!

Jimi / John G.

Room Tip: This is considered a B & B - Mr. Berglin provides the Bayshore Cottage and Pelican's Rest gu...
Jimi and John,
I appreciate you staying the Bayshore Cottage during your recent trip to Fairhope. I am so appreciative of your wonderful review. I am so happy that you were so pleased with Point Clear Cottages. I want everyone to have a memorable trip and to come again. Thanks again for your business.
Theodore, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Point Clear Cottages for our 33rd anniversary. What a beautiful and peaceful place. Mr. Berglin was a wonderful host with a great staff. The property is magnificant. The breakfasts were great! Such wonderful hospitality! Never been treated better. We truly felt like "welcomed guests". There were drinks and ice cream in the fridge to enjoy too!! There were red roses and chocolate candy waiting for me in our room from Mr. Berglin. What a nice surprise. His attention to detail is wonderful. This place is a little slice of heaven here on earth. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit and can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: One cottage has full kitchen; second cottage has microwave and fridge only. The master bedroom in t...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
RBerglin, Owner at Point Clear Cottages, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Karen and Paul,
It was so good to meet you and have you stay at Point Clear Cottages. I appreciate the great review and am glad the stay was special for your anniversary. I look forward to seeing you in the future. Thanks.

Been to Point Clear Cottages? Share your experiences!