“Excellent!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Excellent!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Had a fantastic dinner with friends at Camellia Cafe. Opted for three appetizers instead of an entree and all were excellent. Everyone in our party loved their food. Oysters were wonderful as was fresh tomato salad. Also had smoked salmon brushetta which I will try to replicate at home. Camellia Cafe never disappoints!!

• Visited June 2013

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Hits on all cylinders”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

My wife & I are from New Orleans, and dined at the Camellia Cafe during a recent visit to Point Clear. The restaurant was clean and cozy, and the food was THE BOMB. The lamb chpos were perfectly cooked, and the portion was unusually large. I also really enjoyed the roasted vegetables that came with my entree. We shared desserts (chocolate cake and pecan pie) both of which were very tasty. As a bonus, the owner/chef paid us a visit. He works very hard to keep turnover low, which was corroborated by friendly and knowledgeable service. Ou waiter was named Chris. And the food was reasonably priced. The only thing I can complain about was being seated near the kitchen door. But even then, I was invited to visit the folks who assemble out lovely meal. I'd recommend this place very, very highly.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food, Great people, Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Amazing tomato salad, divinely-inspired flatiron steak, and warm buttery pecan pie. What's not to love? Chef came out and spoke with us, server was great; an overall top notch experience.

• Visited May 2013
connecticut
“went back again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

One time was not enough...the tomato salad and the oysters (and that BREAD!)were so good we went back another time to have them again! All in a 6 night stay. Absolutely delicious. They had a large party the night we first went and they were kind enough to seat us far away from them. It was perfect. The service did not suffer. They really know how to run a restaurant! Boy, would I love that tomato recipe! Please??

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent Food , Fun Atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

We went here with a large group. The service was top notch, the food was fantastic, and the atmosphere was cool. I would recommend the salmon appetizer and the Grouper was no joke, probably the best I have had. Highly recommended for a nice dinner.

Visited April 2013