“More than simple Southern Hospitality” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Berlin, Wisconsin
“More than simple Southern Hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had to visit Dothan because of a family funeral. It was a very difficult time and I can't say enough about the care and concern the entire staff provided us. The service they provided went way beyond simple Southern Hospitality. Whoever did the hiring for this location made wonderful choices. The hotel itself was both meticulously clean and completely comfortable. We were also surprised at how beautiful the pool area was. (Not your usual pool on a busy highway.) It was like walking into another world.
We were, at first, disappointed that there was not a complimentary breakfast, but we chose to eat in the restaurant there. The food was excellent and reasonably priced. The staff made us feel like family. (We also know that the complimentary breakfast is usually just okay, so for us, it worked out better than we had thought.) In all, we had a wonderful stay here. The staff helped us make it a good experience and we will certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back of the hotel overlook the pool.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Baxley, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Went to visit my husband while he was working in the Dothan area with our 2 small children (22 months & 5 months) booked my reservation online which was very easy and check-in was a breeze. We were on the top floor which my oldest loved because she could see out the window. Stayed here for two nights and on the first night when we got back from dinner I realized that our fridge wasn't working but it was late so the next morning on our way out I informed the woman at the front desk and we returned that afternoon for nap time she had our fridge replaced. We also got plenty of clean towels when we asked for them and all around it was a great stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Don't normally work in this area, but had to spend a night here recently. Nice property all around,nice bar and restaurant on site , had dinner there and recieved good food,and good service. Room was very nice , with the new style Holiday Inn furnishings that are popular now. Very friendly clerk at desk ,fast easy check in due to Priority Club reservation . Recognition for being a Priority Club member also,with care package as well. Overall a good stay , and I would certainly return if in the area again.

Tallahassee, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

When I travel I try to stay at a place that has breakfast included or if for two or more nights I will stay at an extended stay hotel so I have a kitchen. I go to Dothan AL quite often on business and I was busy enough to require me to stay over. I decided to stay at this Holiday Inn because it was new and the location was convenient even though it did not have a complimentary breakfast. Let’s be honest, most of the free breakfasts are not great, but they are convenient.

It is located on Ross Clark Circle so keep alert, that road can be nuts!

When I arrived it was late in the afternoon, plenty of parking and the check inn was efficient. As an Elite Priority Club member I was given a little “care package” of a bottle of water and a snack pack of crackers.

I had a king bed room. Being relatively new everything was in great shape. The room was quiet, comfortable and secure. It was equipped with a large flat screen TV with an adequate channel selection, small microwave and refrigerator and a lousy single cup coffeemaker.

The bathroom had a large walk in shower, no tub. That was fine with me. The shower floor could use a little no skid treatment but there was a convenient grab bar. The towels were soft, large and plentiful.

My only complaint was that the bed had the typical four small pillows that hotels like to put on king size beds. They look good but are not comfortable.

I did not use the restaurant and bar. It looked nice. I was surprised when I returned a little before 9:00PM and the bar was closed. Couldn’t get a nightcap! There is also a nice outside pool and patio.

Overall it was a pleasant stay as you would expect from a Holiday Inn. I would stay again.

Room Tip: If you need a tub instead if a shower you might want to check beforehand.
Atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I travel extensively and thought this stay would be nice because it is a New hotel, but found that doesn't mean anything. I got to my room, found a complete dinner left over from who knows when in the refrigerator. When I called the front desk to inquire, I was told the previous guest in that room he was familar with her, she had issues- whatever that means, maybe she wasn't happy either. The face towel in the bathroom was used and dirty, and the alarm clock went off at 2:15 am, I don't use hotel alarm clocks so obviously Housekeeping overlooked clearing the alarm for the next guest. This hotels housekeeping is poorly trained to say the least. The next morning they forgot to put my bill under the door, so when I went to check out, I stood for several minutes at the counter waiting for the clerk to take reservations from someone over the phone rather than putting them on hold to assist me. I aked for and spoke to the manager and I explained everything to her, she said it was too late to make any changes to my bill for compensation as it was already printed out- Not true she could have if she cared enough. The only good thing about this hotel is the adjacent restaurant, the waitresses and bartender provided excellent service and the food was good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dothan, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Marcia M,

Thank you for your valuable review. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. I am deeply sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectation on this particular occasion. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you encountered due to the level of housekeeping and customer service received from our hotel staff. Comments such as yours permit us to target areas of concern and take the necessary steps where great attention will be paid to the matter.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope that you will afford us another opportunity to showcase our usual levels of service.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

This is a Holiday Inn rather than a Holiday Inn Express which means breakfast isn't free but has to be purchased at their built-in restaurant. On the other hand there is a hotel bar to have a beer and share company.
I have no complaints about the rooms.
The hotel is located on a divided highway and access is hard to figure out at first.
This is a relatively new construction and a big deal for a small but growing town like Dothan.

• Stayed February 2013
Panama City Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Great property, pretty new, and one of the nicest HI's I've stayed in. One negative was the staff. I am a platinum level member of their Priority Club and that usually gets me a bottled water and a small snack. In Dothan, it got me a big bag of indifference. It was almost as if the clerk was annoyed at having to check me in. It wasn't as if I arrived in the middle of the night. It was shortly after 7 PM. Great property, but the staff needs training on what it means to be in the HOSPITALITY industry!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Dothan? Share your experiences!