“Aaron is the absolute best server.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Parrilla Mexican Restaurant

La Parrilla Mexican Restaurant
4771 Montgomery Hwy, Dothan, AL 36303 (Formerly La Parrilla)
678-354 -2700
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 187 Restaurants in Dothan
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: For the best Southeastern Mexican zest, your first and only stop must be La Parrilla Mexican Restaurant. Since 1994, we have been serving up a Fiesta, with exciting and delicious menu items that are sure to enchant and fascinate our guests. Currently with 16 locations in Georgia, one in Dothan, Alabama and one in Greenville, South Carolina. We are a great place to go for ardent lovers of the Mexican Cuisine.Our Chef and staff welcome our new and returning guests by preparing authentic Mexican entrees such as succulent enchiladas, juicy and tender fajitas, quesadillas, burritos and nachos all cooked to perfection and served in a beautiful atmosphere just like in sunny Mexico.It is also our pleasure to now offer you our fantastic Catering Service. Our wonderful personnel will create an entertaining Latin Fiesta in your home or office. Whatever the occasion, our authentic Mexican favorites are always crowd pleasures and we serve it up in a festive style to spice up your event.It is always a Fiesta at La Parrilla!
Key West
“Aaron is the absolute best server.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

A server can made all the difference in whether you have a good experience or a bad experience in a restaurant. Some servers are over the top attentive (like stalking) and others just make you feel like you are eating in their home. Aaron was like an old friend immediately. We had never met before that day.
We arrived around 5:00 for an early dinner. There were very few other diners. We were greeted warmly by several people and given a nice booth. Aaron told us about the drink specials and explained the seriously extensive menu. We started with an app and beverages. Aaron made an entrée recommendation which my husband took. I wish I had ordered the steak burrito, too, instead of the enchiladas, which were very good. The steak in the burrito was plentiful and cooked perfectly. It was the best burrito either of us had ever tasted. We would drive 100 miles for that burrito. Unfortunately, we were just passing through and live about 1,000 miles away. Aaron had to know it was unlikely we would return anytime soon and yet he treated us as if we were regulars.
By the time we left, the place was packed and yet our server was still as attentive as he had been when the place was almost empty.
The restaurant has an vast menu with selections to suit any appetite. Their prices are very reasonable. The décor is modern and attractive. Although the place is large, it still manages to seem intimate.
We left full and happy. What more is there?

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Not as good as they once was”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

The wait staff is slow the last waiter I had was kinda rude and dirty very unprofessional the good was not only cold when it came out but it was wrong I asked to speak to management but I was told the manager was not in I waited 45 mins to get cold food wrong order and poor service I won't return anytime soon there pricing is even a little high but they have gone down hill

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
La Parrilla M, Marketing Director at La Parrilla Mexican Restaurant, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear La Parrilla's Friend,

I am very concerned about your dinning experience. We appreciate your feedback and can assure that we’ll make it up to you. In fact, we are going to work pretty close with our Servers and Management staff to fix this issue. Let us know how we can turn that frown upside down! I’d like to invite you back for a free dinner so you can see how great we really are! Please email me at dm@laparrilla.com so we can work out the details.

We hope to see you again soon!
Florida
“Tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

The chips to start out were great. Few places have the chip that isn't to thin or thick, but this place does. The salsa was also delicious. The enchiladas were great and more then filling for a lunch portion. Everything was fresh and I would definitely go back when in the area.

• Visited October 2013
“nice surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We ate here because of the reviews on tripadvisor and were not dissappointed! The service was fast and friendly. The food was amazing, we had fish tacos and would have them again next time. There is plenty of food on the plates and the chips and salsa that is served when you sit down lets you know there are good things to come. HIGHLY recommend this place if you are passing thru town:)

• Visited September 2013
“Addicted To Fish Tacos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

We live in Dothan and have been to La Parilla several times. I cannot personally give an all around review of the food because I find myself ordering the fish tacos every time. They are soooo good! The salsa and cheese dip are pretty good as well but not really much different from other places I have been. My husband is fond of the more traditional Mexican fare and always leaves suffed and satisfied. Be prepared to wait for a tabe during higher volume times. This seems to be a fave around here, especially on the weekends. Try it, love it and don't forget to try the fish tacos :)

• Visited August 2013