“Best hotel of our trip” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
Orlando, Florida
“Best hotel of our trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Dothan was the final night of a cross-country trip. We were tired, had stayed in some not-so-great hotels along the way. So this was the jewel -- the best hotel of the bunch.

It's pretty new, so everything is clean and modern/updated. The rooms were huge, and nicely decorated. The bed was comfortable.

The hotel location is good -- near a mall and a number of restaurants. There's even a grocery store across the street if you want to pick up some fruit or snacks.

Breakfast was good, consistent with what you'd expect from a free breakfast.

For two weary travelers with a lot of miles on them, this was the perfect hotel. I hope my travels take me to Dothan again -- seems like a nice area -- and if I go there, this will be my first choice.

Room Tip: It goes without saying -- try to avoid a room that is next to the ice machine!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Kudos to the staff of this comfort suites. From the very kind young lady who checked us in to the wonderful older lady who managed the breakfast area the next morning. Lobby was very well kept. Room was clean and comfortable. Bed was firm. Sheets and towels were fresh. PLENTY of restaurants and shopping around.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Farmington, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Did a layover on the way to Florida and found this inn better than a lot of the same chain. Desk attendants were courteous and helpful. Room was clean and fresh. The breakfast bar area was very clean, well attended, and satisfactory food.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Havana, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

The hotel is conveniently located on the Northwest side of Dothan. There are a lot of restaurants, store and shopping centers in the area. The building is attractive and the grounds are clean. Plenty of parking. The staff was very pleasant. The “free breakfast” was typical. The breakfast room was clean and attractive. The room was quiet, secure and clean. The bed was comfortable but the furniture was showing some wear and “dings”. The desk chair was wobbly and uncomfortable. In the morning when I got into the tub I was not able to divert the water to the shower head. I showered myself with a cup! It was not worth the $90.00 plus tax for one night.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Kim W, Manager at Comfort Suites Dothan, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you so much for your review on Trip Advisor. I appreciate you being a guest of ours. I know that queit, clean, comfort, and customer service are the top priority when traveling away from home. I wanted to apologize about our showers....they can be tricky sometimes as they are some of the new brands of faucets that you have to pull down for the shower to start. We hope you give us a try again when traveling through Dothan. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me...

Kim Waters
Lincoln, Nebraska, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have not routinely stayed at Comfort Suites, but have started booking their properties for my stays. The rooms are comfortable and accommodating to business travelers and the price is usually at a reasonable rate. This location was no different and the staff was friendly and courteous.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kim W, Manager at Comfort Suites Dothan, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
I wanted to personally thank you for trying our Comfort Suites out. I am happy to hear that your stay was very enjoyable. We are thankful for all of our guests and look forward to staying with us again. If we can ever help with your reservation please call.
Douglas, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I just stayed here for the first time at the Comfort Suites in Dothan, AL and it is a nice, clean, and newer hotel that has a good location close to great restaurants and plenty of shopping. However my entire stay I about went nuts with the TV and it's remote. I didn't know what channel was what, the tv did not show the channels as I flipped from channel to channel, and if I wanted to enter a specific channel with the number keys it would not work. Not sure if this is a common issue in all the rooms or just mine, but it was not pleasant. Also it would occassionally lose it's signal for a few seconds and there was not a cloud in the sky during my stay. There is a few basics I like to expect from a nicer hotel like this and that is a clean nice room (check), a comfortable bed (check), decent internet connection (check), and a television that is user friendly (grrrr). If I remember correctly I was in room 115 and would be curious to know if this is common in all rooms or if I was just unlucky and got a bad TV or remote. Anyways, off the soap box, I would stay here again if I was in Dothan, but I would say something next time if the TV issues continue. I looked over the morning breakfast and it seemed fair. Not as good as some Comfort Suites, but not the worst either. I was going to eat an orange, but they were old and mushy feeling to the touch and should have been thrown out. The warm bar portion consisted of biscuts and sausage gravy (no eggs or meat like I've had at other comfort suite hotels). They did have brand name cereal and the breakfast beverages were good. Hope this review is helpful and constructive to hotel management to work on the couple issues I mentioned so it can live up to it's #1 rating on trip advisor and it's slightly expensive nightly rate compared to other nicer comfort suites I've stayed at in other citys that are about $20 a night less. Thanks for reading my review!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Birmingham -Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

My wife, 3 other famly members, and I stayed here last Friday night. The property is less than 2 years old; and it is one of the best Comfort Suites which I have visited. The location is outstanding; 1/4 block from the major Highway that runs north/south (U.S. Highway 231), less than 1/4 mile from the only mall in Dothan (Wiregrass Commons), and less than 1/2 mile from the U.S. Highway that encircles Dothan (U.S. Highway 231/Ross Clark Circle). The staff was bright and attentive. The breakfast was outstanding. The room itself was airy and the beds comfortable. On a less than postive note, there was a problem with booking online. When I attempted the same, the response was "booked". When I called the property, rooms were available; and I was offered several discount options. When I mentioned my search results to the manager, she seemed surprised and she said that the hotel was not fully booked for that night.

Room Tip: Call property if a problem arises with booking on line.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites Dothan? Share your experiences!