“Worst Motel 6 I've ever visited” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Decatur

You added Motel 6 Decatur to your Saves list
Motel 6 Decatur
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   810 6th Avenue Northeast, I-65 at US 72/SR 20, Exit #340, Decatur, AL 35601   |
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Decatur
MEMPHIS
“Worst Motel 6 I've ever visited”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

nobody answered front desk phone on multiple occasions.
ice machine didn't work for duration of stay.
power outlet didn't work.
heavily stained carpet.
creaky bed.
very bad pillows.
door difficult to open and close.
no kleenex.
broken air conditioning units littering hallway.

I travel 100% of my life. I'm not picky or anything. but this place was bad. $50/night with tax for 2 adults and dog.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Decatur, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear LonestarMemphis - The cleanliness, service and maintenance conditions you encountered during your recent stay are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. We sincerely apologize for your negative experience and encourage you to contact our guest relations department to report your experience so we can serve our guests better in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Highland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

It was cheap, convenient and they take dogs. We just wanted a place to sleep after a long day's drive in pouring rain. We didn't expect much at that price and were not surprised. You could see that an effort had been made to vacuum the ugly, stained and stinky carpet. The sheets reeked of bleach but at least they were washed. The bathroom was clean. All in all a bit on the seedy side but adequate. The real kicker was the crazy woman outside screaming in the middle of the night and talking nonstop at the top of her lungs. I expected the men in white coats any time. After a while someone (owner? manager?) did come and tell her to leave. It took a while for the commotion to cease but it finally did.

Room Tip: Drive on and don't eat at the Shell station next door (they do serve food strangely)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

I am the lady that the manager tried to open her door at 3:00am. I am still having bad dreams about this incident . He knew a single woman was registered in that room! What were his intentions? He is one sorry example for a manager!! If I hadn't had the door latched over what would have happened? I don't want to meet my end at the Motel 6 in Decatur,Alabama! Get rid of him! He is a danger! I should have called the Police and lodged a complaint at the very least. Avoid this hotel!!!

• Stayed March 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I was woke up at 3:00AM by a pounding on what I thought was the neighbor's door. Next thing I hear is someone trying to enter my room with a key card. I screamed the man at the door said who is this I gave him my last name and asked who he is Manager he said I need to come to the office and pay for my room I got dressed went and paid Every hotel I have ever been they take ur card and charges r made when u check out I LEFT that morning! RUDE RUDE RUDE I reported this incident to Corporate stay as far away from this hotel that U can, unless u want someone trying to enter ur room at 3:00AM!

• Stayed March 2013
London, Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Couldn't believe the state of this room. Had to stay here for one night because of their open pet policy, unfortunately. The walls and rug were filthy, and I found two dead cockroaches on the floor beside the bed. Sprayed myself with bug spray before I went to sleep.
The inside of the microwave hadn't been cleaned in a long time.
This was horrible. I wonder if the health department should be alerted...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ingersoll, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This is the dirtiest motel room I have ever stayed in. The walls are smeared with stains, the edges of the rugs are covered with dust bunnies... and there was a dead bedbug under the telephone receiver.
I normally stay at Motel 6's because of their pet policy, and I am normally quite pleased with them. Not this one!
I liked the no-charge wifi (normally Motel 6s charge extra for wifi), the room was huge, and I liked the fact that the room had a fridge and a microwave (not usual for Motel 6s). But I would've traded all that away for some cleanliness.
Now I'm worried that I'm bringing bedbugs home with me...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

The only good thing about this place is the price $35.99 with coupon. I travel for a living and use Motel 6 often especially when traveling with pet. The location is bad meaning it's not close to interstate. This used to be a Days Inn a few years ago and they bulldozed it down and built this Motel 6 from ground up. It's now as bad as the Days Inn evet was. Coffee in the morning; forget it. The doors always remain locked until noon. I killed the biggest roaches I've ever seen. The rooms are outdated and nasty. Very few travelers just local people use this place. Lots of stuff going on here if you know what I mean. I paid for a week and was stuck. Take a mature 51 year old advise and pass this place up.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Motel 6 Decatur? Share your experiences!