“Not ready for guests” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Decatur

You added Quality Inn Decatur to your Saves list
Quality Inn Decatur
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2120 Jameson Place SW, Decatur, AL 35603 (Formerly Jameson Inn Decatur)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Decatur
Prattville, Alabama
“Not ready for guests”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Had to ask for bulbs for three out of five lamps. Not enough washcloths: One on first day and none on second. Had to ask the desk for additional towels and a wash cloth. Breakfast bar not maintained. (ran out of syrup for waffles early and wasn't replenished. Total of one small bar of soap. Bed uncomfortable and hard. Staff was accommodating but we shouldn't have to ask for common items. Overall, we won't be back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sedalia, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

We travel a great deal for my husbands job. Many times it is on very short notice and we don't have a lot of options . The company he works for recommended the Jamison Inn in Decatur Alabama. The room was very clean,the value was certainly there and all amenities were available. The staff is what makes this hotel OUTSTANDING ! My husband had been overcome with a heat stroke on the job site and was brought back to the hotel. He collapsed and was unconscious and bleeding severely. The manager on duty, Alex, responded immediately ! He called 911 and stayed with him until the paramedics arrived. He offered any assistance that was necessary. After he was taken to the hospital Alex went through my husbands phone record and determined the most frequently called number, mine, and called me at home 800 miles away. He was very professional and sincere in his concern and offered to assist in any way possible.When I arrived the hotel was very gracious and offered any accommodations that I might need after a 14 hour drive and a night in the intensive care unit with my husband. I will forever be grateful to the staff of the Jamison Inn for going above and beyond what anyone could expect from a hotel. Alex literally saved my husbands life. If you ever have an opportunity to stay in Decatur Alabama the Jamison Inn is the only hotel to stay in and please say hi to Alex and the rest of the staff from a very grateful family.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Betty, I hardly call setting several cans of RAID on the counter for guests to handle the roaches taking your pest problem seriously. This has been going on for years as well as the bed bug problem you have, and you know it.

We stayed two nights, and it was the worst two nights of my life. Roaches, spiders, ants and bed bugs. We had maids making out for all to see as well. There were dead ants in the pool and soured orange juice served at breakfast. Mildew and mold on bathroom ceiling and two tiny towels for a family of 4. The floors were very nasty in our room.

I got an itchy rash from sleeping on your sheets. This place is a "roach motel" and everyone in town knows it. In fact, I won't even allow my luggage inside my house until it is fumigated. Betty, own up to your words before your pants catch fire.

This was taken from a previous complaint the manager responded to:

Betty McGee stated "We take complaints like this very seriously and have our hotel inspected on a monthly basis. Anytime we receive a complaint, we get pest control to inspect the rooms immediately for any problems. On August 4, the week before you arrived, we had Cook’s Pest control come out to inspect. The pest inspection went well and there were no signs of infestation found in any room. I apologize that you found otherwise and will be addressing this issue immediately".

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Manchester, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

Very clean, the furniture was in great shape and bed's were comfortable. The rooms are fairly small, but good for the money, so this motel is a perfect choice if you are just staying a night or two or are on a small budget. We were first time visitors, but we were satisified.

Room Tip: -There are no 'Do Not Disturb' signs to put up, so the cleaning lady will start making her r...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

I travel 100 + days a year and I usually don't write reviews but after seeing the reviews posted on this property i feel i have to share MY experiences.

The rooms are very clean. the furnishing may not be the latest style but it is well maintained.
the staff is helpful and polite. always ready with directions, faxes and fresh towels.
the breakfast is a continental, a good one but nothing to write home about. they have waffles and biscuits and gravy and fruit... the usual.
The best thing are the wonderfully comfy beds. If you are a business traveler who is looking for a clean but still economical place to stay this is a great place.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
JamesonInnDecatur, General Manager at Quality Inn Decatur, responded to this review, November 7, 2011
Dear D.K

Thank you for allowing us to serve your lodging needs. We pride ourselves in customer satisfaction and it was our pleasure to make your stay the quality one you expected. We look forward to having you as our guest again on a return trip to Decatur and thank you again for staying with us

regards,

Fishers, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

Waffle mixture was sour. Fruit was rotten. Coffee wasn’t made. Room was fine, although you will need to take the stairs. (Motel style layout, so no elevators for 2nd floor.)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. As mentioned in the review, you had concerns with our breakfast. We take all complaints very seriously. I apologize that you found our breakfast less than satisfactory. When you are in the Decatur, AL area again; I welcome the opportunity to connect with you better on your future stay. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly and ask for me.

Kind Regards,

Walls, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

I've stayed at Jameson before (Winchester, TN) and was very satisfied, but not this time. the room had a strong odor, I thought it was carpet cleaner and my wife thought it smelled like cigarette smoke [it was supposed to be a non-smoking room]. The carpet and furniture looked worn out, especially the upholstered chair and ottoman. It looked as if animals had made it their home. The towels and cloths were rough and the bed was uncomfortable. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else; there are all sorts of motels in the area.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
JamesonInnDecatur, General Manager at Quality Inn Decatur, responded to this review, October 4, 2011
Dear papadoc1,

Thank you for your time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. As mentioned in the review, you had concerns with the condition of the furnishings in your room. We take all complaints very seriously. I apologize that you found your furnishings less than satisfactory. We will be addressing this issue immediately.

If you are in the Decatur, AL area again; I welcome the opportunity to connect with you better on a future stay. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly and ask for me.

Kind Regards,

Betty

Been to Quality Inn Decatur? Share your experiences!